Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:13:57 pm

Author Topic: Law degrees at different unis  (Read 1072 times)  Share 

laik

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Law degrees at different unis
« on: September 07, 2021, 07:11:22 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,
A bit confused as to the 'prestige' regarding law at different unis. Does the uni you got to affect your chances of getting internships or employment after uni? I also don't understand how, for example, Swinburne Uni has a law degree with a minimum ATAR of ~85, while Monash and Melbourne are ~98? That's a huge gap so I was wondering is there some sort of reason as to why it's like that?
Thanks

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: Law degrees at different unis
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 07:31:54 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,
A bit confused as to the 'prestige' regarding law at different unis. Does the uni you got to affect your chances of getting internships or employment after uni? I also don't understand how, for example, Swinburne Uni has a law degree with a minimum ATAR of ~85, while Monash and Melbourne are ~98? That's a huge gap so I was wondering is there some sort of reason as to why it's like that?
Thanks
I personally don't do Law so info my not be completely accurate. From what I know, Law is oversaturated with the amount of graduates and therefore there are more graduates than actual job places. This means job places (especially those that are more contested) will tend to choose people from lets say Melbourne and Monash compared to other unis. While it is possible to still get into good jobs with a Law degree from non-Monash or Melbourne, it is harder than most other degrees where the uni you go doesn't really matter as much.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!