Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:09:02 am

Author Topic: Please help! Should I change subjects?  (Read 5410 times)  Share 

:) :) :)

Please help! Should I change subjects?
« on: August 19, 2021, 06:37:37 pm »
Hi there,

I got to choose unit 2 for business this year, and I am finding it difficult and my teacher didn't explain anything of what I missed from unit 1.
Should I change business management next year or would I be extremely likely to fail the subject I choose in replacement of BM because I would've to skip units 1 and 2 for it?

I was thinking of swapping BM for Visual Communication Design, would that be an ok option?

Sorry, it is confusing.

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: Please help! Should I change subjects?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 07:18:19 pm »
+1
Hi there,

I got to choose unit 2 for business this year, and I am finding it difficult and my teacher didn't explain anything of what I missed from unit 1.
Should I change business management next year or would I be extremely likely to fail the subject I choose in replacement of BM because I would've to skip units 1 and 2 for it?

I was thinking of swapping BM for Visual Communication Design, would that be an ok option?

Sorry, it is confusing.

Hi!

My sister also picked up Unit 2 last year and is now doing 3&4 and she has found it okay so far. From what I've heard from BusMan students, the 3&4 content is quite loosely related to the 1&2 content and the study design seems to back this up. BusMan is also a very popular subject to pick up without having done the 1&2 version.

Which subject do you think you will enjoy the most? I think you should take a look at the respective study designs for each of the subjects or speak to a VCD teacher and a BusMan teacher to get an idea of what the 3&4 content is about (hopefully someone who has done these subjects can help me out here!). I'd also suggest to speak to your BusMan teacher for clarification on what carries over from Unit 1 to Unit 2.

All the best :)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 10:10:55 pm by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

:) :) :)

Re: Please help! Should I change subjects?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 02:38:26 pm »
Hi!

My sister also picked up Unit 2 last year and is now doing 3&4 and she has found it okay so far. From what I've heard from BusMan students, the 3&4 content is quite loosely related to the 1&2 content and the study design seems to back this up. BusMan is also a very popular subject to pick up without having done the 1&2 version.

Which subject do you think you will enjoy the most? I think you should take a look at the respective study designs for each of the subjects or speak to a VCD teacher and a BusMan teacher to get an idea of what the 3&4 content is about (hopefully someone who has done these subjects can help me out here!). I'd also suggest to speak to your BusMan teacher for clarification on what carries over from Unit 1 to Unit 2.

All the best :)

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it :)

My BusMan (hahahaha I've never said that before) teacher, said the same thing about some of Units 1 and 2 being related to Units 3 and 4. But overall, doing unit 2 -> I haven't enjoyed it haha 🙋‍♀️
I asked my Viscom teacher and she has said that it would be ok, and I could work on and understand some topics that I would've missed in y11 over the holidays, and from doing Viscom in year 9 and 10 it could help in year 12. But my main fear is that I will fail, like what if my work is not good enough, or what if I can't make anything on photoshop or any other app

Thank you for your help once again (: