Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:13:29 am

Author Topic: Forgot to write refer to extra writing space  (Read 2141 times)

Dapuccino

• Trailblazer
Forgot to write refer to extra writing space
« on: November 12, 2020, 07:52:59 pm »
I wrote a lot on my essay and I was already panicking when the supervisor took a long time to give me the extra booklet, so I didint write refer to extra writing space. What will happen? Will they completely dismiss my response?

rkjthguakj

• Forum Regular
Re: Forgot to write refer to extra writing space
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:25:00 pm »
Not sure on what exactly with happen, so perhaps heed my response with a grain of salt. But essentially, the examiners must read all of your pages, and if you indicated that you had two booklets then it should be absolutely fine. VCAA examiners tend to be more sympathetic when it comes to these things, than people would think.

In my opinion, you should be fine but I can't 100% confirm.
2019: Business Management
2020: English | Methods | Economics | Legal Studies | Global Politics
2021: Bachelor of Commerce @ UniMelb
2022- 2024: Bachelor of Arts @ UniMelb | Diploma in Languages (Chinese)

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 08:36:04 pm »
Just to add to what rkjthguakj has said,
assuming you correctly filled in the second booklet with your details, your examiner would get all your extra writing. Lots of people use extra space, so examiners are most certainly used to checking the extra space. Even if you don't specifically refer to the extra writing space, if you have filled up the space allocated for a question and still sound like you have more to write, I be pretty confident your examiner would check that extra booklet.  :)
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Dapuccino

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 08:39:13 pm »

Just to add to what rkjthguakj has said,
assuming you correctly filled in the second booklet with your details, your examiner would get all your extra writing. Lots of people use extra space, so examiners are most certainly used to checking the extra space. Even if you don't specifically refer to the extra writing space, if you have filled up the space allocated for a question and still sound like you have more to write, I be pretty confident your examiner would check that extra booklet.  :)

Not sure on what exactly with happen, so perhaps heed my response with a grain of salt. But essentially, the examiners must read all of your pages, and if you indicated that you had two booklets then it should be absolutely fine. VCAA examiners tend to be more sympathetic when it comes to these things, than people would think.

In my opinion, you should be fine but I can't 100% confirm.

Thank you so much for your response ♥️ That really helped and calmed my nerves :) I was panicking a bit before