Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:39:11 am

Author Topic: Is the state going to perform poorer this year?  (Read 2292 times)

khaiv710

• Adventurer
Is the state going to perform poorer this year?
« on: November 09, 2020, 10:37:28 pm »
Less of a concern but more of a curiosity. 2020 has obviously been a pretty mucked up year, would this lower the state's average exam performance? And if so, then would having put effort into studying this year be more beneficial than in previous years, given that a large number of other students would have put in less effort than they would in previous years?

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
Re: Is the state going to perform poorer this year?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 06:33:13 am »
I feel like the average will be slightly lower so the effort we have put in will pay off slightly more than in normal years IM HOPING!

Like that’s literally what made me work hard this year. But if too many people had my exact thinking pattern we are back to square one.....VCE is a ranking relative to others after all :P
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

joe444

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 11:05:17 am »
Well, subjectively, you'd think they would, but nobody will be penalised. 

The scores are standardised.  The same ratios of people will get 50s as every other year.

khaiv710

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 06:47:22 pm »
I feel like the average will be slightly lower so the effort we have put in will pay off slightly more than in normal years IM HOPING!

Like that’s literally what made me work hard this year. But if too many people had my exact thinking pattern we are back to square one.....VCE is a ranking relative to others after all :P

Here's to hoping everyone else did horribly!  8)
All jokes aside, how do you reckon you went?