Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:50:39 am

Author Topic: QUT early offer  (Read 4856 times)

XD12345

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
QUT early offer
« on: October 20, 2020, 03:20:02 pm »
Hello everyone,

Sorry for projecting my problems onto this forum but I am facing a serious dilemma. Basically, for my favorite course, I need an ATAR of 77 and I am not sure if that is achievable. Now, QUT has offered an early admission scheme for students currently in year 12 and I do not know if I should apply. My top choice is not part of this scheme but it does include a couple of my 'other choices'. I am eligible for this scheme because I meet all the entry requirements.

Now here is my problem,
I can apply for early admission for a course I am moderately interested in and not disappoint anyone; however, if I end up getting an ATAR of lets say 83, I would have missed my chance of getting into my top choice, the one I am most inclined to doing.

I can also, keep my preferences how they are, continue studying and hope my ATAR is good enough and not apply for early entry. This means I might get to study my top choice, but if I do not achieve a high enough ATAR, it will be too late to join my other choices because the schemes would have been closed by the time ATAR's are released.

So yea, I have no way of knowing where I am sitting, I'm averaged at 89-90% for my marks in moderately low scaling subjects such as standard english, general maths and music. I really want to get into my top choice and have been working hard, but if scaling drags me down then I don't get any choice. (My other subjects are Biology, Legal and Psychology btw).

In conclusion, my options are:
1. Most definitely get into a course I kind of like

or

2. Only maybe get into the course I really want to do

What do you all think? :/ I am staying awake at nights thinking about this and it is really stressing me out. 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: QUT early offer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 07:36:43 am »
+2
Hey,

Is this the early offer program you're talking about?

If so, scrolling down I've found this:

When will I receive my early offer?
If you meet the requirements, you will receive your QUT early offer from QTAC on Friday 20 November. You must respond to your early offer by 4.30pm on Friday 27 November. The ability to use your Year 12 subject results to gain entry to QUT is only available for this limited time.

When you have accepted your early offer through QTAC, you will then be able to enrol at QUT in early December when enrolment opens.

What happens if I do not respond to my early offer?
If you let your offer lapse by taking no action, you will not receive any further offers via QTAC, so it is very important that you do not ignore your early offer. If you are unsure about accepting your early offer, we suggest that you conditionally accept, which will allow you to reorder your QTAC preferences and be considered for other offers in December and January when your ATAR or selection rank is known.

The bit that I've bolded suggests that your plan should be:

- Apply for the early offer & assuming you get it, conditionally accept
- Put your top course at the top of your preference list
- If you get into the top course excellent! If you don't, you would still have your early offer to fall back on

Note that to get the invitation to apply you need an eligible course in your top 3 preferences

I hope this helps :)

Edit: Also, nothing to apologise for! This stuff can be super stressful & you want to get it right - definitely happy to help :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 10:22:15 am by Bri MT »

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 10:20:30 am »
+2
Hello everyone,

Sorry for projecting my problems onto this forum but I am facing a serious dilemma. Basically, for my favorite course, I need an ATAR of 77 and I am not sure if that is achievable. Now, QUT has offered an early admission scheme for students currently in year 12 and I do not know if I should apply. My top choice is not part of this scheme but it does include a couple of my 'other choices'. I am eligible for this scheme because I meet all the entry requirements.

Now here is my problem,
I can apply for early admission for a course I am moderately interested in and not disappoint anyone; however, if I end up getting an ATAR of lets say 83, I would have missed my chance of getting into my top choice, the one I am most inclined to doing.

I can also, keep my preferences how they are, continue studying and hope my ATAR is good enough and not apply for early entry. This means I might get to study my top choice, but if I do not achieve a high enough ATAR, it will be too late to join my other choices because the schemes would have been closed by the time ATAR's are released.

So yea, I have no way of knowing where I am sitting, I'm averaged at 89-90% for my marks in moderately low scaling subjects such as standard english, general maths and music. I really want to get into my top choice and have been working hard, but if scaling drags me down then I don't get any choice. (My other subjects are Biology, Legal and Psychology btw).

In conclusion, my options are:
1. Most definitely get into a course I kind of like

or

2. Only maybe get into the course I really want to do

What do you all think? :/ I am staying awake at nights thinking about this and it is really stressing me out.

Hey XD12345,

Here's a quick overview of all of the information that you need to know about QUT's Early Offer Scheme, I've bolded the points that you may find important such as key dates and such:

Spoiler
"Apply for courses through QTAC in the usual manner by no later than 31 October. If you have selected any of the eligible courses in your top three QTAC preferences, you will receive an email from QTAC inviting you to apply for the scheme. To support your application, you will need to upload the following documentation to your QTAC application by 4.30pm Friday 6 November 2020:

QCE students:

Semester 1/IA1 results:
        a full screenshot of your QCAA Student Portal learner account showing all of IA1 results; or
        Year 12 Semester 1 report from your school; and
    IA2/3 results:
        A full screenshot of your QCAA Student Portal learner account showing all of IA2/3 results; or
        IA2/3 marks on a formal report issued by your school.

Queensland IB Diploma students:

Year 12 provisional results.

You must achieve the following results:

I have attached these results to the forum post which you can download.

Why haven’t I got an invitation?

Ensure that you have listed one (or more) of the eligible courses in your top three QTAC preferences.

If you have only recently selected one (or more) of the eligible courses in your top three QTAC preferences, your invitation may still be pending and will be sent the following week.

If you have not received any emails from QTAC please check your email junk folder and the email address listed on your QTAC online application, and update where necessary.

What is pass grade in a General subject?

A passing grade is at least a C- or 50%. For example, an IA2/3 mark of 15/30 or 8/15 are minimum passing grades.
What is B grade in a General subject?

A grade of B is equivalent to 70%. For example, an IA2/3 mark of 21/30 or 11/15 are B grades. A grade of B- will not be included in the minimum B grade requirements.

What documentation do I need to provide?

The documentation must be:

formally issued results from your school (eg Semester 1 report); and/or
    a full screenshot of your QCAA Student Portal learner account showing your IA results.

Note: you will only have only one opportunity to provide the documentation to QTAC. Only apply once you have all of the documentation ready and all documents must be combined into one attachment for uploading. You will not be contacted if your documentation is incomplete or insufficient.

What happens if my marks change from Semester 1 to IA2/3?

We will look at your Semester 1 results separate to your IA2/3 results. For example your B grade subjects in Semester 1 can be different to your B grade subjects in your IA2/3 results; where both IA2/3 results are available the combined total will be used. Further, you will need achieve the required number of passes plus B grades in both your semester 1 and IA2/3 results; ie there is no averaging within or between each set of results.

What if my report card lists numerical marks instead of A-E grades?

If your numerical marks are equivalent to or higher than a pass (50%) or B grade (70%), submit your Semester 1 report card and any interim report cards where available. If you have not received your results for IA2/3, you can submit a screen shot of your QCAA Student Portal (if IA2/3 has been added) or request a formal letter from your school, outlining your results from IA2/3.

I’m unsure if I meet the minimum grade requirements.

Please seek assistance from your school careers adviser, teacher or year level coordinator.

When will I receive my early offer?

If you meet the requirements, you will receive your QUT early offer from QTAC on Friday 20 November. You must respond to your early offer by 4.30pm on Friday 27 November. The ability to use your Year 12 subject results to gain entry to QUT is only available for this limited time.

When you have accepted your early offer through QTAC, you will then be able to enrol at QUT in early December when enrolment opens.

What happens if I do not respond to my early offer?

If you let your offer lapse by taking no action, you will not receive any further offers via QTAC, so it is very important that you do not ignore your early offer. If you are unsure about accepting your early offer, we suggest that you conditionally accept, which will allow you to reorder your QTAC preferences and be considered for other offers in December and January when your ATAR or selection rank is known.

What if my preferred course is not included in the scheme?

You can still be considered for your preferred course, or a QUT double degree as part of the usual QTAC offer rounds. However, if you would also like to be part of the early offer scheme, you will need to list one of the QUT Year 12 Early Offer Scheme eligible courses as your first QTAC preference.

If you’re eligible for an early offer you can conditionally accept this offer and at the same time reorder your QTAC preferences to be considered for your preferred courses in the December and January offer rounds on the basis of your ATAR or selection rank.

Can I accept my early offer and then take a gap year?

Yes, you can defer your offer.

What if I am doing Applied subjects, VET study or university subjects?

Applied subjects, VET study or university-level subjects (such as START QUT) will not be considered as part of your school results for the QUT Year 12 Early Offer Scheme. However, for entry in 2021 you may be eligible for an offer from November, based on your VET study or two completed START QUT units.

Are Year 12 students from interstate eligible to apply?

The QUT Year 12 Early Offer Scheme is only available to Year 12 students studying in Queensland.

Will adjustments apply?

As the QUT Early Offer Scheme will use your school results and not your ATAR or selection rank, adjustments will not apply. Should you not be eligible for an early offer, adjustments will apply to your ATAR or selection rank.

If you are applying for the Educational Access Scheme (EAS) and/or the Elite Athlete Entry Scheme you are encouraged to still complete these applications as it could assist you with additional support and possible scholarships.

Can I still apply for the QUT scholarships?

Yes, you can still apply for QUT undergraduate scholarships, including the QUT Excellence Scholarships which are awarded on the basis of your ATAR or selection rank. Applications close on 20 November and scholarship offers will commence from December.

Hopefully, that helps! Please update this thread if you have any other questions, queries or concerns about this process as we would be more than happy to help :)

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

XD12345

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 12:16:40 pm »
Hey,

Is this the early offer program you're talking about?

If so, scrolling down I've found this:

The bit that I've bolded suggests that your plan should be:

- Apply for the early offer & assuming you get it, conditionally accept
- Put your top course at the top of your preference list
- If you get into the top course excellent! If you don't, you would still have your early offer to fall back on

Note that to get the invitation to apply you need an eligible course in your top 3 preferences

I hope this helps :)

Edit: Also, nothing to apologise for! This stuff can be super stressful & you want to get it right - definitely happy to help :)

This is helpful thank you,

I didn't know that you could 'conditionally accept' offers and then re-order your preferences, but I thought that you can not change your preferences once ATAR's are released because there are certain dates for when preference changes are closed or something like that? So just to confirm, I can
1. Apply for early entry
2. And after I receive my ATAR, change my preferences and still get an offer.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 05:21:01 pm »
Yes; there are certain dates for preferences but there are times when you can change preferences after receiving your ATAR. I've included more specific information from QTAC Key Dates below.

Apply and submit documents for round 1 before 13 November
Offer round 1: 20 November
Apply and submit documents for round 2 before 9 December
ATAR reveal: 19 December
Preference change round 2: closes 12 pm Monday 21 December
Apply and submit documents for round 3 before 11 December
Offer round 2: 23 December
Preference change closes for round 3: 12 pm Thursday 7th January
Offer round 3 (most offers) : Thursday 14 January