Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 07:13:42 pm

Author Topic: Bad Internal Rank + Good External Marks = Still a Good ATAR?  (Read 4724 times)  Share 

Lukky333

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Bad Internal Rank + Good External Marks = Still a Good ATAR?
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:03:17 pm »
+1
Ok so to ask my question, I'm going to have to present the situation first (this is hypothetical):
Let's say that you had a horrible internal rank at the end of the year, e.g. 59/60 in a subject. But then at the end of the year, you manage to clutch up and get an awesome external mark in the HSC, where lets say you came first with a mark of 97.
Now I know that your HSC mark is the average of the external and the moderated internal mark that is calculated by changing your original internal score to correspond with the external assessment score of the student in your cohort that had ranked the same in their external as you did in your internal. But to be fair, at the end of the day, you came first in the exam that everyone in the state had to sit. So my question is, can NESA acknowledge this fact and maybe even boost your internal assessment mark (regardless of your rank), especially if the moderated assessment mark that you got was terrible (due to another person's external mark)? Because I reckon that there is such a big difference that is demonstrated in this situation that if you did this you shouldn't be overlooked and should be given some credit.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:20:51 pm by Lukky333 »