Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:01:14 pm

Poll

is it possible? is there any chance

no chance
1 (33.3%)
there is chance
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: is it too late to change subjects  (Read 6277 times)

woahjustjkingchill

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
is it too late to change subjects
« on: June 25, 2020, 03:57:53 pm »
hi, so it was 2 weeks ago where u could change ur subjects, i missed it. now my hg teacher said i need to make a note to the principal saying why i want to switch with my parent signature, so i did that. i gave it to the office to send it to the principle. so guys, will this change my subject by any chance?

Mod edit: I've fixed your typo for you. You can click the 'Modify' button above your post instead of making a new one :) — Calebark
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:01:06 pm by Calebark »

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: is it too late to change subjects
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 04:09:09 pm »
+4
Hey there,

Outside of Year 12, this is mostly dependent on your school's internal process, so I'm afraid we can't answer that. I've had one school cut-off before the subjects start, while another allowed switching a month into the subject.

However your teacher would know best, so if that's what they've told you, it sounds like you have a decent chance.

Best of luck!
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 05:21:17 pm »
+1
sorry forgot to say im year 11, so does this increase my chances?

Is this for Year 11 moving into Year 12 subjects? I can only speak for VCE (and I'm afraid I don't know what state you're from), but in that case, yes it's technically allowed to complete Units 3/4 of a subject without Units 1/2.

However again, this is up to the school's discretion, so I'm afraid I'd have no idea for your exact situation, so I don't think we can comment. Best thing is just to wait until they provide you an outcome. If it gets rejected, the best course of action would be to ask your parents to get involved with the school directly — but hopefully it doesn't come to that and it'll go smoothly for you.

Normally we'd love to be able to assist, but it's so school-specific that we can't really provide any information without guessing. Sorry about that!

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 05:44:58 pm »
+2
no thats not what im saying, im saying im switching year 11 subject with another year 11 subject

Ah pardon me, my mistake. That's also technically possible, yes (source from VCAA). This is still up to your school's discretion, but I don't see why not. Unit 2 knowledge is generally very separate to Unit 1 knowledge — they study different things.

edit: even with the late application, I think it's up to your school's discretion. For what it's worth I started one VCE subject three weeks late.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 06:01:02 pm by Calebark »