Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:24:14 am

Author Topic: Drop Business or Entertianment Vet????? pls help me  (Read 4192 times)

olivialockestevens

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Drop Business or Entertianment Vet????? pls help me
« on: September 18, 2019, 09:22:12 pm »
+1
dislike them the same amount and both teachers are equally bad, buttttt i did surprisingly well in my business exam and assessments and am best in the class so should i stay since im naturally good at it?

im bad at essays and more of a science/maths person, but ent has SO much content and it terrifies me that if i stuff up the exam im stuffed cause theres no assessments

also, if someone could please kindly tell me what they think about entertainment and how hard is it to study for that would also be helpful

:)))

thereal_laura

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Trailblazer
  • amateur film director yo
  • Respect: +9
Re: Drop Business or Entertianment Vet????? pls help me
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 07:54:37 pm »
Hello olivialockestevens,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble deciding! This is going to be kinda bias because it's just what I think, plus i study entertainment and i've had no experience with business.
I don't know what pathway you are taking or what kind of school you attend, but I'll do my best!

Reading your situation it sounds like you would enjoy business compared to entertainment.
You shouldn't feel extra pressure to perform well in a subject you don't like or know you are not going to pursue for a career.
Look, Its only a couple of months of your life. if you stick to how you've been conducting yourself in terms of study and during class,
it looks like you would you really well in business!

I personally love entertainment as I see myself pursuing the field beyond high school. I think it is a bit content heavy just like biology and cafs.
However, if you learn the syllabus, terminology, remember the basics, you could get by without it being a nightmare for you.
I think you really have to understand and love the whole aspect of the stage and the performage to really nail the exam.
But if the thought of the performing arts alone just turns you away, then I think it is much safer to choose business.

Remember, ultimately it's down to you, you will sit the exams and study the content, so pick the path that interests you more than the other.

I hope this helps you, even if it's a little bit!
Good luck with your exams and changing subjects, let us know what happens!
2019 HSC SUBJECTS

Visual Art
Biology (lol)
CAF's
Catholic Studies (non ATAR)
English Standard
Entertainment Industry ♡ (VET)

come find me over at the VET Subjects forum! we have cheese and marshmallows