Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:10:16 am

Author Topic: Teacher accused of hitting student with bible  (Read 4645 times)  Share 

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
Teacher accused of hitting student with bible
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:32:32 pm »
ha. "bashed" with bible. It only brushed him.

and lol at the teachers who posted saying the cane should be brought in. As if that is going to happen

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »
Whatta load a shit. Even if he was bashed with the bible, he can think of it as a sign from god.
tankAsaurus ;D

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:38:22 pm »
Quote from: "tankia"
Whatta load a shit. Even if he was bashed with the bible, he can think of it as a sign from god.

That sounds fundamentalist to me. Are we protecting the child's rights, or are we protecting the right for teachers to corporally punish kids?

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 10:41:38 pm »
Quote from: "coblin"

That sounds fundamentalist to me. Are we protecting the child's rights, or are we protecting the right for teachers to corporally punish kids?

Well, I doubt the teacher actually "bashed" him with the bible as such. He probably went home and said "mummy, the teacher hit me wtih the bible" And the mum exaggerated. W/e

I went to school in Malaysia for three months. They slap you if you are late to class.
tankAsaurus ;D

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:43:55 pm »

Well, I doubt the teacher actually "bashed" him with the bible as such. He probably went home and said "mummy, the teacher hit me wtih the bible" And the mum exaggerated. W/e

I went to school in Malaysia for three months. They slap you if you are late to class.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want my kids to be hit. It's worrying that the teacher even tried to hit him. That is against the law, it is child abuse.

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:24 pm »

Well, I certainly wouldn't want my kids to be hit. It's worrying that the teacher even tried to hit him. That is against the law, it is child abuse.

Tell me about child abuse. Why do you think I live at my boyfriend's house?
tankAsaurus ;D

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:54:52 pm »
Okay, well surely you wouldn't want that to happen at school then, heh :P

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 10:56:39 pm »

Hrm....True, but maybe the teacher was just messing around. I know my teachers sometimes hit a few in the back of the heads playfully.
tankAsaurus ;D

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 10:58:29 pm »

Hrm....True, but maybe the teacher was just messing around. I know my teachers sometimes hit a few in the back of the heads playfully.

If the student didn't want it, they should be allowed to make a claim against it, and it should be worth something. How far does this "playful" line go? Clearly, if the kid reported it, it must have been intimidating enough to report it.

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 11:02:00 pm »

If the student didn't want it, they should be allowed to make a claim against it, and it should be worth something. How far does this "playful" line go? Clearly, if the kid reported it, it must have been intimidating enough to report it.

But people can mis-interpret things. What he saw was scary, she thought was just being playful. If he was that scared, maybe he had something to go on though. Who knows. But otherwise, maybe he was just looking for excuses coz he hated the teacher?
tankAsaurus ;D

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 11:03:36 pm »

Students like getting teachers into shit. Especially if they get in the paper for it

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 11:06:05 pm »
These responses are disturbing. I'd hate to have a cynical populace like you if I was ever abused by a teacher or lecturer. I would definitely believe in taking this to a court of law for abuse, and the teacher would definitely have to be proven guilty before she was charged, but you seem so cynical, thinking that kids are troublemakers and that the teacher is always right.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 11:10:05 pm »
These responses are disturbing. I'd hate to have a cynical populace like you if I was ever abused by a teacher or lecturer. I would definitely believe in taking this to a court of law for abuse, and the teacher would definitely have to be proven guilty before she was charged, but you seem so cynical, thinking that kids are troublemakers and that the teacher is always right.

Well I do think it is ridiculous that stories like these get in the paper, especially when they are sensationalised ie. the heading was something like 'student bashed..' when in the other article it said it only 'brushed' him. There are more important things to put in the paper imo

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 11:10:59 pm »
Quote from: "goosefraba"

Well I do think it is ridiculous that stories like these get in the paper, especially when they are sensationalised ie. the heading was something like 'student bashed..' when in the other article it said it only 'brushed' him. There are more important things to put in the paper imo

I would agree on that  :lol:

It's just that your cynicism should be directed towards the tabloids, not the kid who allegedly got attacked.