Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:55:40 am

Author Topic: Formal AC Feedback  (Read 1296 times)  Share 

WON0173

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Formal AC Feedback
« on: June 02, 2018, 11:06:23 pm »
I'm trying to practice the Thematic Approach, since I initially tried out the Subsystem but didn't go too well. And after reading about how the former is apparently superior I started trying it out and wanted some feedback. Thanks

MissSmiley

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +84
Re: Formal AC Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 12:24:04 am »
+2
I'm trying to practice the Thematic Approach, since I initially tried out the Subsystem but didn't go too well. And after reading about how the former is apparently superior I started trying it out and wanted some feedback. Thanks
Hello,

Attached are my comments, and I'm very sorry for being really picky!! Hope you don't mind though :)

I liked how your intro is sharp and short, and also the way you've analysed register. (e.g. I liked how you said what impacts of using an informal register would have been)

My major suggestion would be to understand and write very clearly about social purposes. For example, the difference between solidarity and membership...
Also, because you had one big chunk about social purpose, you often combined different social purposes together which becomes confusing. Why not break your paragraphs up into different social purposes?

Anyway, rest of the markups are in there :)

Thanks and good luck! :)

2017 : Further Maths [38]
2018 : English [45] ;English Language [43] ; Food Studies [47] ;French [33] ;Legal Studies [39]
VCE ATAR : 98.10
2019 - 2023 : Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University

I'm selling a huge electronic copy of  VCE English essays and resources document (with essays that have teacher feedback and marks) for $10. Feel free to PM me for details!