Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:34:15 am

Author Topic: Just the average FBI man's VCE Journey  (Read 2632 times)

youraveragefbiman

• Adventurer
  • nice crocs my guy
  • Respect: +6
Just the average FBI man's VCE Journey
« on: March 20, 2021, 09:25:21 pm »
+13
Yeah, so I'm kind of a prodigy when it comes to getting hired by the FBI at age 17   \s

Okay all jokes aside, I understand I'm three months late to the journal party but oh well~ better late than never! Much like most of my assignments.. hah

Well, I'm a year 12 student studying 4 subjects, (Eng Lang, Chem, Methods and Algorithmics), having done 2 last year. To be perfectly candid, my vision for the future beyond VCE is rather hazy, I'm kind of living in between three different pathways I want to undertake. Whether it is to try and be a doctor to make my parents proud, or do something I genuinely enjoy along the lines of education and computer science, or to take a gap year.

Either way, I'm aiming for a 90+ atar, as close to 90 as possible so I would have the excuse to not take med at Monash like my parents want me to, but I haven't really given my 3rd option a fair thought, as it really is something I would like to do, ideally, find a full time job somewhere and finally be able to move out of my parents' house, then taking tertiary education after that.

Okay thats enough about my future, lets talk about the present. As I said, I'm doing 4 subjects this year, but my school doesn't offer Algo as a subject, so I'm having to undertake it through distance ed, and boy that's been a ride. I had a "SAC" (technically a test which is part of a SAT) which was meant to be undertaken sometime this past week, but like this past week we've been at camp, so~~ yeah we got an extension for our sac (yay) except I did it during my tiny, narrow, miniature window of free time I had on Monday (the only free day of the week) so I wouldn't have to go through camp stressed about my Algo SAC hahah but Algo is a really fun subject and I highly recommend anyone to do it if they're considering it, even through distance ed.

Oh boy, Methods and Chemistry......... HAH man-- this is-- not great. I'm dangerously behind in homework in both subjects, and instead of doing it, I'm here on Atarnotes making this post :D however Methods isn't too bad generally, the concepts are easy to grasp, just a bit difficult to apply. Chemistry on the other hand, is just straight up pain, the concepts are so confusing, and I barely remember anything from units 1 and 2. I want to undertake Chem tuition, but it's always so expensive, and I just can't afford it.

yeah lang is fine, definitely one of my favourite subjects of the year hehe, but not after our first sac, god i hated that sac.

My teacher said, and I quote "You will not be receiving a text type you have not seen before" and hey! guess what! we got a text type we've *never* seen before !!!!! *sigh*

Haha thanks for reading through this wall of text, I'll try and keep it updated if I can, but no guarantees :p I'll also try and make it entertaining somehow, not so sure how I'll manage that, but we'll see.

-ur avg fbi man
2020 - Software Development (46) + Music Performance (kekw)
2021 - Eng Lang, Methods, Chemistry, Algorithmics (HESS)

youraveragefbiman

• Adventurer
  • nice crocs my guy
Re: Just the average FBI man's VCE Journey
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 09:14:57 pm »
+5
ah~ well then.. I've started this thread only like, 2 days ago, and ALREADY 2 people from my school have been able to pinpoint it to me, one of which was literally the day after. So to those two in particular: hi! please dont spread hehe

Anyway, today was my first day back to school from camp !!! and bOy am I tired.. like, I dont even know why, i slept more the past 3 days than I've spent paying attention in chem class, which really isnt a low bar, but oh well. I had the opportunity to stay at home until 5th period because I had free periods up until then, but i decided to do the good good and come to school to attend the IWD assembly, which I tOtally knew was happening, and I didn't arrive at school to come to class which should have been running that time hehe. Well, it wasn't a bad assembly anyway, so I'm not complaining all too much, I'm just complaining about the fact that I had to sit around doing nothing for 2 periods, because me and my 2 remaining, homebrand braincells forgot my maths book at home, so couldnt do that.

So I spent the 2 periods doing Lang and Chem which took a grand total of 20 minutes, with 80 minutes remaining for me to sit and contemplate about whether or not cereal is a salad* although I did spend most of the time snooping on my two friends' computers and typing strange messages on their behalf to their group chats, which had a surprisingly large response. So thats a win in my book.

Anyway, final 2 periods rock up, chem and lang, that was kind of uneventful, we were given the fun activity of practically another work lesson in chem, after an *amazing* record of 5 or so consecutive work lessons or something. Lang was okay too, we watched some lectures and videos on euphemisms and how we could use them to achieve different social purposes, and honestly, that was weirdly interesting and fun i actually took notes this time around waaaaaa

So that was my day today, also went for a like, 5 or so km walk with my friend whos planning an interschool program, which is actually pretty interesting, and I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

* okay so like vegetables are plants we eat straight from the ground right? so therefore grains and similar items grow from the ground and we eat them, (after processing), as such, grains = vegetables, and therefore cereal is a salad. --- also milk is the dressing : D

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:38:56 pm »
+1
A belated welcome to the VCE Journey Journals and AN in general, Youraveragefbiman! I didn’t fare so well in Chem either back in VCE way back when. 

Do you have any hobbies or do any extracurricular activities?

* okay so like vegetables are plants we eat straight from the ground right? so therefore grains and similar items grow from the ground and we eat them, (after processing), as such, grains = vegetables, and therefore cereal is a salad. --- also milk is the dressing : D
By similar logic, would you count potato chips as a salad?
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

youraveragefbiman

• Adventurer
  • nice crocs my guy
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 07:09:21 pm »
A belated welcome to the VCE Journey Journals and AN in general, Youraveragefbiman! I didn’t fare so well in Chem either back in VCE way back when. 

Do you have any hobbies or do any extracurricular activities?
By similar logic, would you count potato chips as a salad?

Hi! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Yes, chemistry is quite the pain if I do say so myself haha, only 3 months in, and I'm already wishing it'd be over ;-;

In regards to hobbies and extracurriculars, I don't really have much else aside from the school band, where I play the bassoon, (side tangent: totally and completely underrated instrument, it sounds heavenly)

I'd say potato chips is definitely fried salad in a bag : D

youraveragefbiman

• Adventurer
  • nice crocs my guy
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 06:21:24 pm »
+3
Hello!! Thank you for subscribing to FBI man's not so consistent update schedule! No- you cannot unsubscribe

Ah yes, VCE is still a thing, honestly, why do I even bother making my 45 minute journey to school only to attend or two classes then immediately hightail it out of there.

Well, today my maths teacher threatened everyone with the notorious D word---- detention. which is quite unlike him, so I guess the sheer amount of people who neglect the homework is getting on his nerves a bit. I've managed to scrape myself together for methods though, I'm almost up to date, after being... uh-- i think at least 2-3 weeks behind.

Hey! Prospective 3/4 Methods Students! Don't do a me and leave your homework to the last minute, just do a bit a day, or a the very least a bit every other day, instead of spending those 30 minutes on Valorant or something, you can sacrifice *one* game a day, and trust me, you'll be surprised to how much stress you'll relieve in the future (who knows, it might even result in increasing your game performance as well)
^ applies to most subjects, but I speak from methods experience hehe

Methods aside, we had *yet* another work lesson for Chem today, man I love work lessons... Although I'll admit, I have been paying more attention in class recently, and am almost caught up with my chem homework, although I wasn't as behind as I was in methods haha. Despite that, I'm still behind in terms of knowledge the most in Chem, like,,, I still have a lot of trouble linking concepts with one another, let alone applying it, aaaaaaah, chemistry is really going to be the death of me. We just started energy from fuels, and so far it's *kinda* understandable, but I'm running into this chapter without a foundation of the previous chapters, so you bet it's going to come unstuck very very soon.

Thanks for tuning in to this short-ish update, for future reference, I can almost guarantee I'll be complaining about chemistry in most, if not all of them. : D

-yur uvarag fbeei lad

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 07:00:56 pm »
Seconding that advice about Methods. Seriously, don't leave it all to the last minute.
although I got to admit cramming and practice exams and Checkpoints the weekend before the exams does do an awful lot
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

youraveragefbiman

• Adventurer
  • nice crocs my guy
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 04:12:18 pm »
+3
although I got to admit cramming and practice exams and Checkpoints the weekend before the exams does do an awful lot

shhhhhh dont encourage them !! ehe

so TIL font size is a thing thanks to quoting cat in the hat's post, so ill stop with the sub and superscripts to make smaller text haha

Um yeah, I'm gonna throw in a quick little entry here, for no real reason.

I yet again took a 45 minute journey to school to attend a single subject today, Methods, and well, that was fun, we're continuing on with logs, and well... I got most of the practice questions wrong. HAHA-- but it's not me not understanding the concepts, it's just a combination of mistaking my handwriting and bad arithmetic. Like for example, 5e^2b suddenly becomes 5e^26 and i wouldn't bat an eye, or when 36/8=4...

Methods aside, I also attended an optional Eng Lang seminar, which was quite interesting, we went through verbs and alot of it my teacher never even mentioned, and apparently other classes knew. Generally though, it was a really interesting lecture, and edging towards being more confident towards lang in the future : D

mmk thx for tuning to the latest edition of fbi boi's diary entry- featuring: no chem complaints!

-yor evurij effb eye gai

youraveragefbiman

• Adventurer
  • nice crocs my guy
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 06:30:11 pm »
+2
Hello ! Welcome to the newest episode of a dude's impersonation of a federal officer's journey throughout the pain of VCE!

Well, like, the week has been rather uneventful I guess, we had a little seminar for Algorithmics which. I. Just. Could. Not. Stay. Awake. For. It was so incredibly boring, except for that one guest speaker when he started talking about machine learning algorithms and deep learning algorithms. Generally, just a recap of everything we've done throughout the year, so that didn't yield much - hence my inability to keep my eyes open.

Regarding my other subjects, I'm trying to catch up as much as I can, but MY CHEM TEACHER SEEMS TO BE MIA FOR BLOODY EVER, and I just can't grasp the concepts, I still have no idea how to apply multiple concepts in conjunction with one another, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh but Methods and Lang are okay, I've caught up in both, and just working through it now, even though every other class is somehow ahead by an entire topic in Methods. Lang is fun, the current area of study is Formal Language, where we have to jump into a deep analysis on grammatical structure and syntax, so that's rather fun tbh, although since we've been using English so casually and frequently in our day to day life, it's definitely more difficult to pick out the details which compose a sentence.

I'm going to dedicate a paragraph to Chem. chem.. chem...... aaaaAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

well, thanks for coming to my ted talk, tune in next time for more chemistry pain

-yore everige eff bee eye gye

youraveragefbiman

• Adventurer
  • nice crocs my guy
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 09:45:06 pm »
+2
Wha-- NOOOOO!! I didn't forget about thiss!!

Eheh, welcome to the latest installment of some dude who's going to be arrested for impersonating a government agent's VCE life.

Where to start now, uhh, I got my SACs back a while ago, and WHOOOOOO BOY was it not ideal. *cough* 16/25 *cough* aaaaahhhh, although I have essentially just admitted defeat when it comes to chem at this point, I'm surprised it's even above 12.5... Well, regarding SACs, I've just done my second English SAC which is supposedly the hardest SAC of the year, the dreaded short answer questions... Although funnily enough, I found it better than my first SAC, although this confidence is going to bite me in the bum in 3 weeks time.. !remindme 3 weeks

Well, SACs and assessments and.. well school aside, I thought I may as well mention the fun stuff. I don't know if you know just how time-consuming arranging a piece of music can be for a 5 piece band, but typically, it can take about 3 weeks, when I'm balancing schoolwork on the side. Well... I've been asked to arrange 8 DIFFERENT SONGS, WITHIN 3 WEEKS, BY 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.. ahhhh~~~ life is pain, and well, needless to say, I'm about to be neglecting 4 of my 4 subjects to make this work, which may seem like a not so good thing, but *somehow* I've been popping off with my studies the past week after being at home sick for like a few days, and I'm somehow ahead????? Well, the hanging photo of Danny DeVito on my wall seems to be doing its work  ;D

Honestly, my school life has been kinda lacking in excitement academically, I dont have any more SACs until hell week, which is in 3 weeks time---- oh- 3 weeks, it has just occurred to me as I'm writing this that 3 weeks is not a long amount of time. HHHHHAAAAAHAHAHAH okay okay okay okay but other than that, my school is having a music concert soon, and well, I'm going to be conducting one of the ensembles... So thats something to look forward to :D

hhhhaaaaahhaha evidently my school life is quite the dramatic roller coaster of emotions between my extra currics and my academics, and thats okay, my masochistic self is shaking in its boots

welp, thanks you very much for reading/listening/ignoring to my little vce rant, tune in next time for more chem panic sessions

-jor overegg fbeeai myan