Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:23:04 am

Author Topic: Society and Culture study notes??  (Read 1601 times)  Share 

CaitlinSavins

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Society and Culture study notes??
« on: June 22, 2017, 10:34:50 am »
How do you make notes for Society and Culture?? It's not exactly strictly adhering to the syllabus sooo how do you go about it?

av-angie-er

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
Re: Society and Culture study notes??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:30:59 am »
+1
I get what you mean, the SaC syllabus can be really vague and I think teachers tend to deviate from it a lot, but I try to structure my notes around the headings nonetheless :) I skip over some dotpoints that are really broad and simplistic like "identify the nature of belief systems in Australia", but making little summaries and giving examples for trickier ideas like conflict, evolutionary, functionalist, and interactionist theory are reeally important. Especially for the case studies, I find that just gathering a lot of examples and even just some interesting facts under each syllabus heading can really help to demonstrate your depth of knowledge and 'dazzle the marker' in an exam. For example, I made a massive table for the Continuity and Change national study with the syllabus headings (e.g. power and authority, traditional nature of society) and just dumped a whooole lot of examples/statistics that fit into each category so I could whip them out in a response. Hope this helps!! :D
HSC 2017: Advanced English | Mathematics | Biology | Society and Culture | Modern History | History Extension

shamus.clarke

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Society and Culture study notes??
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 10:25:09 pm »
In the development of your assessment tasks, it is inevitable that you create notes. Since these assessments form the backbone of the exam, these could be useful.