Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:18:01 pm

Poll

I am doing my PIP on: How do mixed ethnic backgrounds affect the formation of identity for both adults and children within their environment and societies.

Do you know anyone effected by White Australia Policy and the Apartheid?
0 (0%)
Are you mixed race?
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Primary research for PIP  (Read 1057 times)  Share 

sageziman

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Primary research for PIP
« on: February 23, 2017, 09:26:58 am »
+1
I am doing my PIP on:
How do mixed ethnic backgrounds affect the formation of identity for both adults and children within their environment and societies.
With a focus on the White Australia Policy and the Apartheid.
If anyone has parents/ grandparents or knows anyone effected by these policies I would love to interview them!!!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Primary research for PIP
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 01:57:08 pm »
I am doing my PIP on:
How do mixed ethnic backgrounds affect the formation of identity for both adults and children within their environment and societies.
If anyone has parents/ grandparents or knows anyone effected by these policies I would love to interview them!!!

Very interesting topic!! Hopefully you find some people interested in chatting with you :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Primary research for PIP
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:59:30 am »
I am doing my PIP on:

Hey Sageziman, I did a sociology assignment last year and one of my peers sourced their interviewee (subject: White Australia Policy) from a local Probus group. Probus groups are for retired or semi-retired professionals. If you have a local Probus group, perhaps be in contact with them. Otherwise, perhaps your local Rotary Club would have something to offer. These groups have older participants, suiting your context, but also are community groups so I think their participants are likely to want to assist you. Worth a shot!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!