Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:07:16 am

Author Topic: HSC Economics - 06/11/19 - Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 1587 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
Post all exam discussion, questions, and sample solutions for Economics here!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

lace02

• Adventurer
Re: HSC Economics - 06/11/19 - Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:31:02 pm »
How did everyone go?!

jenjennie

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 02:34:15 pm »
lol i think i'm actually stupid i didn't even realise there was a budget question?? jeez would've done fiscal policy then
i picked micro :(

EDIT: idk if anyone will have solutions for multiple choice but please link if you do
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:37:52 pm by jenjennie »

infinityandbeyond

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:04:33 pm »
Good exam. I just hope the MC doesn't have tricks within in and I hope I did not misread any thing. Short answer was cool and the essay was good if you knew your stuff well but my time management sucks so I found it difficult to finish it (but did finish it at the end). Thank god there was no curveball!!

infinityandbeyond

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 03:05:33 pm »
Anyone have solutions for MC?

jenjennie

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 03:55:14 pm »
Good exam. I just hope the MC doesn't have tricks within in and I hope I did not misread any thing. Short answer was cool and the essay was good if you knew your stuff well but my time management sucks so I found it difficult to finish it (but did finish it at the end). Thank god there was no curveball!!

hey lol by any chance do you remember the options for Q.19 of MC? I thought i put 20000 but i can't remember which option it was, although i do vaguely remember putting a B.  apparently the answer is C (but I don't have numbers to match up to options lol i can't remember) - i mean it should be 20 000 but now im like crap lol did i circle the wrong thing :(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 03:56:57 pm by jenjennie »

infinityandbeyond

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 07:18:06 pm »
From my memory I remember 20,000 being as C, I believe. Maybe you did shade the C and are getting confused with the other questions.

I found the participation rate MC question hard. I choose the parents coming back to workforce option but I believe it is the defence force option.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:20:20 pm by infinityandbeyond »

jenjennie

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 07:27:10 pm »
From my memory I remember 20,000 being as C, I believe. Maybe you did shade the C and are getting confused with the other questions.

I found the participation rate MC question hard. I choose the parents coming back to workforce option but I believe it is the defence force option.

someone posted the question paper so yeah it was 20 000 ! no worries.
i also chose the parents coming back to workforce, dw about defence force it looks like they're not counted as part of the labour force.

confused over the interest rates increasing q tho - ppl said it was business investment increasing, i thought it was the opposite so i said the economy slowed down :((
also the credit/deficit question the BOP, i thought that pension payments were on the NSI but apparently they're on the NPI...

very sad about exports too, had my textbook telling me it was agriculture/mining making up 2/3 export earnings but it's services not agriculture. smh
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:29:34 pm by jenjennie »

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 07:45:31 pm »
The exam wasn't too terrible!
Lost 2 marks in multiple choice, but I have no clue on how I went in my short answers and essays.
I'm praying for at least 85-86 raw and hope it can scrape me a band 6.
I did the microeconomic policy essay in influencing inflation/unemployment and the protection essay.
They actually stole q28 (protection) straight from 2002 lol where they have some b5/6 exemplar essays for. I wish I remembered them rip,
Overall it could have been worse, at least it's over and I can get on that physics grind  8)
Wishing everyone the best!
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D