Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 07:34:54 am

Author Topic: NEW SYLLABUS - Module C  (Read 2278 times)

机场管理总裁

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
NEW SYLLABUS - Module C
« on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:17 pm »
+1
For the Class of 2019, how will your school be tackling the Craft of Writing module? My school will be incorporating the entire thing throughout the English Advanced course with a particular focus in Term 2 next year. I am asking to find a good way for me to study for the following year :)

Fury Flint

• Adventurer
Re: NEW SYLLABUS - Module C
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:25:45 pm »
My school has decided to leave the entire module till the very end as they want to make sure the proper course time is allocated. I myself don't really understand how to approach the module as it's a mixture of creative, discursive and other forms of writing. We'll just have to see what else NESA releases and what other schools are doing.

asher32

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 11:09:13 am »
My school has like 5 hours of Module C dispersed throughout each term and then we focus on consolidation and do the bulk of it in Term 3. That way we also have time to consolidate the other Modules we have learnt. Leaving it all to the end seems risky lol, as writing is something you have to develop over time.
English Advanced
English Ext. 1
English Ext. 2
Modern History
Biology
Legal Studies
Studies of Religion II

HSC 2019

horse9996

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 06:59:19 pm »
Hey, I'm not sure how the content differs compared to the syllabus that I did, but for the area of study/texts and human experiences we spent basically all of term 4 on it as there are a lot more requirements (a whole paper). Then we spent about 8 weeks on each of the modules, with a couple of weeks of revision at the end of everything
HSC 2018
Advanced English (88) | Maths Ext 1(47) | Chemistry (88) | Earth & Environmental Science (94 - 5th in state) | Geography (89)

ATAR 98.2

Rosey1002

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:01 am »
Our school's decided to split up Module C and teach pieces of it throughout the year.

Pearlmilktea

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "fun n fresh"
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 10:51:32 pm »
+1
My school is similar to some responses above ^^^

We started with some of Module C and did one of our texts linked to it (not sure of the terminology for that). Then we moved onto our first module after a few weeks of Craft of Writing but we are meant to return to it throughout the year. We are expected to continue writing though during the year and hand work in for creative writing because my teacher is an advocate for spreading out practice.

So in terms of study- if your school doesnt have a scattered approach maybe try and stagger your work throughout the year and hand in writing pieces so youre not overwhelmed. Plus Mod C is there to possibly be studied alongside other modules e.g. Human Experiences :D

Good luck!
HSC 2018: French Continuers (92)
HSC 2019: Biology (94), English Adv (92), French Extension  (41), Legal Studies (91) and Italian Beginners (95).

ATAR: 98.45
HSC All-rounder :)

Gracie :D

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 09:20:10 pm »
+3
Hi!

For Mod C my school is combining it with mod A and the common module and then doing it a little more after trials.

If your school isn't doing it as a supplementary module, it's been recommended to ensure you write out a creative piece for each module as you learn it. So for common module you would write something that relates to the individual/collective human experience, for mod A you'd appropriate/adapt a text and so on. Alternatively, you could attempt to write one creative that ticks off the criteria/rubric of all the modules (though I feel this is probably harder). The trick to this module is that it isn't really something you can 'learn', it's all about practice as writing is a skill.

In paper 2 of the English HSC, we are required to write a creative, however, we don't know which module it will be combined with, so it's better to be prepared for every module and to do this as the year progresses (instead of leaving it for before trials).

Hope this helped :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}