Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:49:40 pm

Author Topic: Can I still get a band 6 in economics and maths?  (Read 1532 times)  Share 

as111

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Can I still get a band 6 in economics and maths?
« on: September 14, 2018, 06:03:23 pm »
I got my ranks today, I fell 7 ranks and am now 17/42 in economics in my school, which is ranked in the 40s. Usually, last year only the first 4 students got a band 6.

In maths usually 40 people get a band 6, and I'm ranked 58 out of 94 people :(

JTrudeau

• Trendsetter
  • Master of the Meeses
  • Respect: +90
Re: Can I still get a band 6 in economics and maths?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:58:49 pm »
+6
Heya!

While ranks ARE pretty important, it’s the marks you’ll get in the HSC exam that’ll count, because that mark’s yours. For example, I ranked 2nd in one of my maths classes, but I tanked in the HSC and do the person who ranked 3rd got a higher mark than me.

Last year’s cohort also doesn’t indicate how well your cohort will do. In my software class they had 1 person band 6 out of 11 people the year before, but in my year we had 3 band 6’s out of 9.

Between now and the HSC is the best time to improve if your results aren’t up to the standards you want. Practice and get feedback, and smash everyone in the exams :) Don’t forget you can get questions answered here on the forums.

Good luck!
Data Science, Finance || University of Sydney
== First in State for Software Design and Development 2017 ==
Advanced English | Maths Extension 1 | Maths Extension 2 | Economics | Software Design & Development | Chemistry