Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:30:01 am

Author Topic: New Years Resolutions 2021  (Read 1279 times)

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +158
New Years Resolutions 2021
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:18:03 am »
+9
Happy new year everyone!

2020 has been rough for all of us, and hopefully 2021 brings us much happiness and joy! Congratulations to everyone for getting through the dreaded 2020!

I thought I'd make this topic to share our new years resolutions!  ;D

My new years resolutions
1) Stop Procastinating 2) Be more kinder/generous 3) Focus on improving mental health 4) Get sleep schedule together

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
Re: New Years Resolutions 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 12:28:39 am »
+8
Love this idea! :) Was hoping a thread for this would pop up.

Some resolutions that I have for 2021 are:
- read more (part of me wants to be ambitious and say "I want to read 50 books by the end of 2021," but we'll see how that goes)
- exercise more... it was almost as if I was allergic to exercise this year... Exercise and I just did not gel. So, hopefully I can work on that :)
- drink more water! I am notorious for not drinking water, so I will be better in that regard
- eat healthier... Need I say more?  :o  I have lived off of chocolate and ice-cream this year so...
- get my Ps (I have my test booked for the 23rd of Feb)
- get a job so I can afford to live :) #yaycapitalism
- actually stick to a skin care routine
- get enough sleep
- have a healthy uni/work/life balance
- have a bloody good time :P

There's still like 30 mins until 2021 for us QLDers, but I hope 2021 is treating those down south well so far ;D
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 11:21:29 am »
+8
Lovely idea.

My new years resolutions
1) Stop Procastinating 2) Be more kinder/generous 3) Focus on improving mental health 4) Get sleep schedule together
If you haven’t already, I’d probably break these down into smaller goals, so they’re more achievable. Ask yourself “How can I achieve this?” and then set practical milestones so you can see your progress. :)
On New Year’s Day, I usually make a bingo card filled with small goals that I colour code according to larger, more nebulous goals e.g. “go for a walk” (colour coded a certain colour to indicate the more general goal of “exercise more”). However, I stopped using it midway through last year since the pandemic meant I couldn’t achieve quite a number of my goals e.g. purchase a dish from a restaurant I haven’t been to before to “try something new”. Despite this, I made a new bingo card that I hope to start today, with goals that have COVID restrictions in mind.

Anyway, my more general New Year’s Resolutions include, but are not limited to:
in 2021, I’d like to:
Spoiler
- get more exercise
- learn more things at work
- continue to improve the quality of my work (which I did a lot of in 2020)
- read more books
- continue the same self care that I did in 2020 (Recovery was a big thing, as I had a break up and a family member pass away.)
- reconnect with friends in person, taking into account COVID restrictions
- get better at my foreign languages (particularly both dialects of Chinese that I currently know)
- learn Vietnamese
- organise my sleep regime (I’m better than I was in uni, but still need to increase my hours asleep.)
- make it a habit to have less screen time each day where possible
- cook more
(These goals are broken down into smaller goals elsewhere.)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 12:22:48 pm »
+6
Love these resolutions! I'm trying to keep mine smaller in number this year but they're ambitious and will definitely keep me busy nevertheless  :D Bit of a lengthy read but I thought it'd be good to provide some rationale for them  :)

- Maintain the success I'm having in academic study whilst still having time to do things that I enjoy. I found university in 2020 really enjoyable and performed really well in all of my subjects. This all happened as I was involved in the student newspaper, learning a new instrument and doing a bunch of other things in quarantine to keep myself busy. I hope to keep this up because 2020 showed me that it's more than possible to be able to have a healthy work-life balance. The other thing is I came to quite a scary realisation that other than bowling (which has been screwed over because of the pandemic) and board games, all of my hobbies are connected to my career and/or my work (music and writing-related activities). I'm thinking of taking up gardening this year (currently have a plant named Arthur that I received from my faculty with TuteSmart) to start up something new and broaden my things to do during my leisure time :D

- Express gratitude every day to someone I don't talk to on a regular basis. I realised in 2020 that I have a lot of friends on Facebook but only talk to people I am actually close with (which is probably around maybe 50 people in total out of the hundreds of people in my Friends list). About halfway through last year, I heard that someone I knew of but had never really spoken to had a close friend infected by COVID-19 and when I reached out to them to offer support, we ended up having a nice chat about how we thought of each other. Even if a single exchange like this once a year is all I have with that person, it'll still be an opportunity for me to hopefully connect and/or reconnect with people that I might not normally talk to. If I can potentially make 365 people's days, I will be more than happy  ;D

- Be creative in the face of adversity. 2020 shook my world as a student, a performer and a part-time worker. For 2021, I'm choosing to welcome troubling and difficult situations with an open mind and heart, find new and innovative ways to approach learning and teaching and hopefully getting more music out in the world (I finally got a YouTube channel up so I'm keen to share my musical shenanigans more!). I spent a good amount of the last year being quite cynical but I want to try and be more optimistic this year and to embrace challenges that may arise.

Keen to see what other resolutions people have for this year!
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 08:17:40 pm »
+9
-Procrastinate on tasks less.
I'll do the rest later.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 09:34:52 pm »
+3
Great idea 1729! :)

My New Year's resolutions are below:
- Create a regular exercise regime and 100% stick to it
- Maintain a high GPA/ WAM at university by completing every task to the highest that I can
- Get things done early
- Going to bed earlier and waking up earlier

On New Year’s Day, I usually make a bingo card filled with small goals that I colour code according to larger, more nebulous goals e.g. “go for a walk” (colour coded a certain colour to indicate the more general goal of “exercise more”). However, I stopped using it midway through last year since the pandemic meant I couldn’t achieve quite a number of my goals e.g. purchase a dish from a restaurant I haven’t been to before to “try something new”. Despite this, I made a new bingo card that I hope to start today, with goals that have COVID restrictions in mind.

^This is a fun idea

I hope everyone's 2021 will be enjoyable and filled with success, strength and fun
Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5