Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:14:12 pm

Author Topic: is the community access program worth it?  (Read 1581 times)  Share 

ashwils

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
is the community access program worth it?
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:20:47 pm »
hi

I am currently enrolled at another university but wish to transfer to the uni of melbourne mid-year. However my atar is wayy lower than the clearly-in so even if i did super well at uni i understand my chances aren't very high because for mid-year entry they take atar into account as well. I understand that if i am not able to transfer mid year i can transfer after one year, and since im only enrolled in 3 units for semester 2 at my current university, is it worth paying for and doing a subject at the university of melbourne?

appreciate your reply :)

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
Re: is the community access program worth it?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 01:26:14 am »
+1
it is almost never worth it in your situation. as long as you go to a real university in victoria and do well in your subjects, melbourne will treat them similiarly to their own subjects when looking at accepting you or not. getting credit is a different story but in general just do subjects at your home uni which will be cheaper and then apply to transfer mid year and end of year. dont waste your time or money doing the cap