Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 01:07:17 pm

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 377828 times)  Share 

suskieanna

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #990 on: March 13, 2019, 12:17:40 pm »
I use the the Pearson Science Books and I want to know if I need to read science books Yr7-9 or Yr7-10.
Thanks
Hello I am currently yr 12 at JMSS. When I was in my previous school, my school also used the same textbook (but old edition). In 2016 Science reasoning, there were things about rock cycle (did this in yr 8 science). Before my entrance test, I studied person yr 10 sciene but didn't find it particularly helpful. I feel it's going to be better if you make sure that you know yr 7 to yr 9 science properly. Hope this helps!

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #991 on: March 28, 2019, 09:38:13 pm »
Lol there is a thread created for Year 10 entry for 2020, but no one seems interested in replying on that chat, I guess I'm the only one taking the exam lol. Do you guys think there is a chance of getting in with superiors for both the math subjects and average for all of the science subjects?

suhdb

• Adventurer
« Reply #992 on: March 29, 2019, 10:24:51 am »
Lol there is a thread created for Year 10 entry for 2020, but no one seems interested in replying on that chat, I guess I'm the only one taking the exam lol. Do you guys think there is a chance of getting in with superiors for both the math subjects and average for all of the science subjects?

I tried out for John Monash last year. I got superiors in both the math tests, but high averages for everything else. I made it to the interviews but didn't make it through from their. So i guess it depends on how you go in the interview.
im always stressed

Piggy_Explosion

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #993 on: March 31, 2019, 01:02:56 am »
I知 taking the Year 10 entry into JMSS 2020 so I知 wondering how many test papers are there and what type are they. From what I heard, it is Maths, Science, and a Scientific report, I知 not sure if thats right or not. Are they all multiple choice questions or are there some short answer questions as well? Sorry im kinda unclear cuz i dont know anyone who went for the entry test to JMSS.

For those who got through to the interview:
What type of questions did they ask you?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:17:45 am by Piggy_Explosion »

Rohan1176

• Trailblazer
« Reply #994 on: March 31, 2019, 03:10:10 pm »
Hi im applying for JMSS for yr10 (2020) and I was wondering if our Yr9 NAPLAN results affects our chances. Also from what year levels do I need to know Maths? Do i need to know Maths Methods?
Thanks

Mr. Universe

• Forum Regular
  • 2019 JMSS
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #995 on: March 31, 2019, 03:26:19 pm »
Hi im applying for JMSS for yr10 (2020) and I was wondering if our Yr9 NAPLAN results affects our chances. Also from what year levels do I need to know Maths? Do i need to know Maths Methods?
Thanks

Hey Rohan,
 yes I would say that year 9 NAPLAN results do have impact on your entrance, albeit a small one. In regards to the math required, I would recommend getting yourself confident with year 9 math fully and then if you'd like to aim for superiors then I'd also recommend going through early year 10 content. Though, I wouldn't worry too much about it, you can still get a superior without going through the year 10 textbook (if you are very accurate and fast).
I'm at JMSS right now and if you have any questions then feel free to DM me :)

IwasKrabs

• Fresh Poster
  • idk
« Reply #996 on: March 31, 2019, 07:26:25 pm »
I知 taking the Year 10 entry into JMSS 2020 so I知 wondering how many test papers are there and what type are they. From what I heard, it is Maths, Science, and a Scientific report, I知 not sure if thats right or not. Are they all multiple choice questions or are there some short answer questions as well? Sorry im kinda unclear cuz i dont know anyone who went for the entry test to JMSS.

I was also going to ask the same but I'm not sure too

IwasKrabs

• Fresh Poster
  • idk
« Reply #997 on: March 31, 2019, 07:29:53 pm »
Is there a discussion for JMSS YEAR 10 EXTRANCE EXAM 2020 DISCUSSION?

Rohan1176

• Trailblazer
« Reply #998 on: April 02, 2019, 06:35:26 pm »
The bookings for the annual School Information Night at JMSS only opened like a week ago and it's already booked out. Is there anything crucial to know from it? In other words, am I doomed to get in because I missed it? What do they talk about?
Thanks, Rohan

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #999 on: April 03, 2019, 06:37:10 pm »
Who is going to have the thousandth reply on this thread lol? Btw there is a JMSS year 10 discussion IwasKrabs

suhdb

• Adventurer
« Reply #1000 on: April 03, 2019, 06:56:30 pm »

I cant remember the interview questions exactly but they asked about youre hobbies and like what you enjoy, how you involved in science (my interviewer asked me how i was involved outside of school) and like how we could use science in the future. Those are the only few i remember, hope it helps.
im always stressed

IwasKrabs

• Fresh Poster
  • idk
« Reply #1001 on: April 04, 2019, 09:50:25 pm »
Who is going to have the thousandth reply on this thread lol? Btw there is a JMSS year 10 discussion IwasKrabs
haha I found it out already XDD

yshojloej

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1002 on: April 05, 2019, 04:15:43 pm »
Heeyy, im going for the jmss exam this year(2019) and i was realllllyyyyy hoping you could answer some of my questions, i was just wondering, how much general knowledge you need for this test, and like what you need to know, could you give me some topics i could learn, do you need to know the periodic table, body parts etc? and could you go more in depth on what BOTH the essays wer about plz? thankssssss

If you need help on the essay go to https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/exams/gat/gat.aspx Just do the first writting. 

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1003 on: April 06, 2019, 03:21:23 pm »
For the guys that actually received admission into JMSS, what achievements did you have which you presented to the interviewer. I am just curious because I don't have a lot of achievements to say other than sport and academics.

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1004 on: April 06, 2019, 03:27:01 pm »
Also do you guys know specific questions that will be on the science reasoning test? I did practice exams from brainworks, and they had numerous questions which related to circuits, and if I did not know how they worked I would have been screwed.