Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 01:05:09 pm

Author Topic: I think I'm going to fail :(  (Read 854 times)

Jamsiiboii

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
I think I'm going to fail :(
« on: May 02, 2019, 06:54:29 pm »
Hello everybody.

I'm currently getting around 60% for all my subjects and internal assessments. I'm trying to aim for 85 or above ATAR. Is it still possible for me to still get an ATAR score of 85 or above

:)

Thanks.

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: I think I'm going to fail :(
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 08:57:23 pm »
+4
Hello everybody.

I'm currently getting around 60% for all my subjects and internal assessments. I'm trying to aim for 85 or above ATAR. Is it still possible for me to still get an ATAR score of 85 or above

:)

Thanks.
Hey there,

Welcome to the forums!

An 85 ATAR is still achievable! I was getting around 60% for my assessments, especially in maths and physics. But then my internal marks got scaled up to about 80. Just remember that your marks and ranks are scaled because you might be getting 60% because your assessments are harder than another school. And as for Trials, teachers are encouraged to mark generously because they're literally cramming a bunch of exams in a week or so, whereas the HSC goes for 4 weeks. Plus you have less time to prepare for Trials.

My advice from now is to take the time to speak to your teachers and understand where you went wrong in half yearlies or if there are any gaps in your understanding. Study groups are another great way to learn, you just need to form a study group with the right people so you don't end up wasting your time.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW