Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:34:51 am

Poll

Should Poet and Lex get septum piercings together? 😜

YES YES YES YES
7 (70%)
ehhhh, nah
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: September 12, 2020, 06:56:10 pm

Author Topic: w0lfqu33ns problematic journal!  (Read 37467 times)

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
  • This is my text until I find another poetic quote
  • Respect: +151
Re: w0lfqu33ns problematic journal!
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2019, 08:51:24 pm »
+3
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:37:31 am by w0lfqu33n89 »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2019, 10:01:56 am »
Friday I attended the careers expo, I actually had lots of fun, I went around with my mates and visited all the uni's and even wandered past the AN booth! I just ended up being an anxious idiot and didn't say much. I saw a guy and girl there though and asked if the books were for sale...I literally bought like $10 so I couldn't get one. So Joseph 41 if that was you....hi!

Yeet - yep, that was me! ;D

How did you find the Expo overall?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2019, 07:55:35 pm »
+1
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:37:44 am by w0lfqu33n89 »

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2019, 01:15:21 pm »
+3

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:37:54 am by w0lfqu33n89 »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2019, 06:54:42 pm »
+3
Having a mind blank in an assessment sucks :( I don't have too much experience with this but doing a bunch of practices where you only plan + write the intro might help train you to overcome this? 

That sounds like it could be really rewarding - I hope your work experience goes well!

I'm thinking I'll update my journal over the weekend so there'll be more detail there but next week I've got an Academic Mixer (networking event) and I'll be meeting some people I'm going overseas for a leadership program with on :D

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2019, 10:00:06 pm »
Having a mind blank in an assessment sucks :( I don't have too much experience with this but doing a bunch of practices where you only plan + write the intro might help train you to overcome this? 

That sounds like it could be really rewarding - I hope your work experience goes well!

I'm thinking I'll update my journal over the weekend so there'll be more detail there but next week I've got an Academic Mixer (networking event) and I'll be meeting some people I'm going overseas for a leadership program with on :D

Maybe I can try that! Thanks MT!

Thankyou!

Will definitely be on the lookout for an update then xx

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2019, 07:33:48 pm »
+1
Hey Lexi!! Remember me? I've just come back onto your journal and can not think of a better way to spend my Sunday night than read one of my fav journals!! I am so thrilled to be back and catching up on all your posts! Hope life isn't too hard and you're going to keep going honey, I have so much faith in you, I think your heart and soul is just beautiful  💝💕

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2019, 10:18:49 pm »
+1
Hey Lexi!! Remember me? I've just come back onto your journal and can not think of a better way to spend my Sunday night than read one of my fav journals!! I am so thrilled to be back and catching up on all your posts! Hope life isn't too hard and you're going to keep going honey, I have so much faith in you, I think your heart and soul is just beautiful  💝💕

Hey Mango! Yeah I remember you! Awwwwwwww maaaaaa gawdddddd!!! Way to spend your Sunday night? Well honey you just made my Tuesday night, made me a little teary. I love you 😘

mango8

• Trendsetter
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2019, 06:07:37 pm »
Hey Mango! Yeah I remember you! Awwwwwwww maaaaaa gawdddddd!!! Way to spend your Sunday night? Well honey you just made my Tuesday night, made me a little teary. I love you 😘

Well honey I'm gonna be here for the rest of the ride, because I saw from the start how much of gold you have inside of you. You deserve the world and people who see that in you. 💖💖

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2019, 12:12:41 am »
+1
Well honey I'm gonna be here for the rest of the ride, because I saw from the start how much of gold you have inside of you. You deserve the world and people who see that in you. 💖💖

Omg MARRY ME xxxxxx

mango8

• Trendsetter
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:35 pm »
"Oh, it's a beautiful night
I think I wanna marry you"

DO I EVEN HAVE TO THINK about my answer? I think not. Let's go honeyyy 😍😍

We both need to start finding and including people in our lives who truly respect, love, care for, appreciate and value us wholeheartedly and completely and not waste it on all those dumb people who are the ones who lost out for not appreciating and valuing us for what's inside of us and seeing our worth, which is priceless 💕

because we deserve it xxxxxx

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2019, 10:52:21 pm »
"Oh, it's a beautiful night
I think I wanna marry you"

DO I EVEN HAVE TO THINK about my answer? I think not. Let's go honeyyy 😍😍

We both need to start finding and including people in our lives who truly respect, love, care for, appreciate and value us wholeheartedly and completely and not waste it on all those dumb people who are the ones who lost out for not appreciating and valuing us for what's inside of us and seeing our worth, which is priceless 💕

because we deserve it xxxxxx

You can say that on repeat babe xx

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2019, 09:04:07 pm »
+1
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:38:23 am by w0lfqu33n89 »

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2019, 10:30:26 pm »
Hey, I haven't commented on your journal, but have been following along for a while and thought I should say hi. Yeah I really struggled on SA:V ratio! I'm still not amazing at it but I found this video really helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNkP4rycLbI. A B is still an awesome mark by the way! And even though SAC stores do count, it's the rank that can mean more to VCAA. So see how well your cohort did, it may have been a harder SAC. ;)

I know it can be a real struggle this time of year with a few exams, it'll be tough and stressful but you can make it. Just think of the school holidays around the corner  ;D. Good luck with exams and try not to stress to much, it will work out in the end but i feel you pain!!!! And maths... have fun the point of my stress
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2019, 04:02:56 pm »
+5
So yesterday I got my SAC result back for the digestive system, which was a 73% (B) which kinda hurts as I studied my butt of and was very confident in my SAC, but I am still happy with my score and yeah. I tried hard and I passed and I guess at the end of the day I passed and that Is all that matters in senior school.

Getting a lower result then expected does feel bad, but it's important not to just accept it. You should criticise your mistakes and really try to learn from them. Often I find my issue is with my expression, so I try to do examstyle practice.
What kinda things do you think you messed up?
This week has been slow and sad. Monday I had absolutely no motivation to do anything whatsoever. I stayed up late because I struggle to sleep when I am stressed (rip) But exams are eating away at me and I am so stressed. Like I know its only worth 5% (apparently) but we haven't even started revision week and I am loosing sleep over the stress. I am honestly scared to fail all of my exams. I know I will fail my science.
In Reguards to dealing with major stress, I might be able to give some advice. I used to deal pretty shockingly with stress, but throughout my VCE have worked on it and think I maintain a healthy level of stress. If I had to attribute it to 3 things, it would be to:

1. Find an effective routine. Routines really give you confidence in your learning and make finding motivation to study a bit easier too. My routine is to make notes (not spending too long on them), then move right onto exam style questions. While doing these I edit my notes for stuff I don't have and I will write questions I get wrong in a special book such to try and prevent further mistakes.
Whatever your routine may be, just make sure you're not wasting your precious time doing things which don't actually help you (don't read over notes instead of doing practice questions if you can help it)
Once you find a routine it just makes study seem less daunting and helps you get stuff done, thereby giving you confidence.

2. Try to expose yourself to content in advance. Even if you just read the next chapter of the textbook before the class moves onto it (not even having to make notes on it), you will find yourself much more confident when going through it in class and stressing less. I am not perfect at this, but try to do it whenever I can.

3. Do more than just study.
Have other activities outside of school that you can input your effort and time. You seem to be getting into this singing, so I hope you can keep working on it and continue to invest time in it. When study is your only focus, of course you're going to get overly stressed and lose motivation. Make sure you take breaks from it so that you can try to enjoy your study.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble and good luck on your experimental SAC!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:26:50 pm by Erutepa »
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point