Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:02:41 am

Author Topic: Dramatic techniques  (Read 4129 times)  Share 

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Dramatic techniques
« on: November 02, 2018, 01:32:59 pm »
Hey! I was wondering if contrast and character fluidity are dramatic elements and conventions, as I'm using these as techniques in my essays. What I mean by character fluidity is basically a character transforming from a younger self to an older self. Is there another name for this technique?

Thanks!
2018 HSC

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Re: Dramatic techniques
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 06:37:14 pm »
Also, I was wondering if I'm writing about the correct things in my essays. Basically, I talk a lot about my own individual experiences with characters, such as how I manipulated my body from being relaxed to becoming tense in order to effectively convey a character's emotions and allow the audience to emotionally connect with the character's struggles. Is this correct? Because I see a lot of other people talking mostly about stage space and proxemics, rather than individual characters.

Maybe I'm overthinking this haha, just don't want to stray too far off the track. Drama essays are easy to get lost in.
2018 HSC

holky

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 07:00:37 pm »
Also, I was wondering if I'm writing about the correct things in my essays. Basically, I talk a lot about my own individual experiences with characters, such as how I manipulated my body from being relaxed to becoming tense in order to effectively convey a character's emotions and allow the audience to emotionally connect with the character's struggles. Is this correct? Because I see a lot of other people talking mostly about stage space and proxemics, rather than individual characters.

Maybe I'm overthinking this haha, just don't want to stray too far off the track. Drama essays are easy to get lost in.
Hey, that's totally valid stuff to talk about so don't worry - especially bc the way you're talking about it could link in with theories, like brecht or stanislavski
Adding in some stuff about the larger scale stuff like set and proxemics might be a good idea, just in case, but what you're doing seems perfectly fine

English Advanced  English Extension 1 Modern History CAFS Music 1 Drama

Mathematics 84

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 09:11:18 am »
I agree,m with the above, what you've got is really good! Maybe just make sure you are prepared to write about a variety of dramatic elements, space included, in case the question specifically asks about character/space/other elements
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--