Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:09:54 pm

Author Topic: Drama Journal Help??  (Read 6482 times)  Share 

sophievmonteleone

• Fresh Poster
  • oh hey i wonder how many characters i can fit in h
  • Respect: 0
Drama Journal Help??
« on: May 03, 2018, 11:14:51 pm »
So my teacher has been asking after our IP drama journals for the last week or so, and we have to hand them in tomorrow morning, but I've started getting stressed about it. Last time I handed mine in he said I hadnt done enough work, which was disappointing because I put a lot of effort into it (im doing costume design for my IP btw). I was wondering if there was a standard for journals that we have to meet??

My main questions are:
-how many entries per/how many pages?
-how visually appealing it has to look?
-how long should each entry should be?
-how important in-class logs are (e.g. how often should we reference classwork)?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Drama Journal Help??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:02:06 pm »
+3
So my teacher has been asking after our IP drama journals for the last week or so, and we have to hand them in tomorrow morning, but I've started getting stressed about it. Last time I handed mine in he said I hadnt done enough work, which was disappointing because I put a lot of effort into it (im doing costume design for my IP btw). I was wondering if there was a standard for journals that we have to meet??

My main questions are:
-how many entries per/how many pages?
-how visually appealing it has to look?
-how long should each entry should be?
-how important in-class logs are (e.g. how often should we reference classwork)?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!!
Hey! The logbook is meant to be a record of your progress. Now at least at my school, this was very individualised, so there wasn't really a standard, other than, at the very least, bi-weekly reflections on your progress (this includes in-class logs - you don't need to reference classwork if it doesn't relate, but if you did some work on your major in class then definitely talk about it!). Other things that you can include are research (eg. annotated readings, scripts, etc.), and drafts (+ reflections on drafts). For a costume IP, you will need to have quite a few drafts at this point. I believe my friend was required to have at least five drafts per rendering?

In terms of aesthetics, its definitely not that important, as long as it is still clear, and legible.

Hope this helps :)

Susie

FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 11:48:19 am »
What I included in my logbook: (I got full marks for my logbook progress)
- Weekly reflections
- Drafts and annotations for those drafts
- Inspirations and annotations for those (what I like about it)
- Daily entries (worries, concerns)
- Planning and scheduling

Basically anything that gives an indication of the progress of my IP!

Btw, I'm doing theatre review!  ;)
Hope this helped.
2018 HSC

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:05:34 am »
+1
Basically, if you treat your logbook like your baby and tell it anything and everything, forgetting g the fact that someone will at some point read it, then you should be set. You logbook should be a place for YOU to work from, not merely a place for others to observe the progress, however the observation of progress is a consequence of of you working out of your log book. Hence, there are no set aesthetic or page requirements, it’s all up to you.

My logbook was 2 books taped together by the end of it. And that was for performance, so no doubt you can fill yours easily with different ideas, sketches and script annotations etc.
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--