Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 08:21:58 am

Author Topic: Year 10 selective entry 2020  (Read 1293 times)  Share 

Louis23

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Year 10 selective entry 2020
« on: September 08, 2019, 08:08:40 pm »
Hi guys,

I was planning to try out for Nossal next year, i am currently in year 9 and unfortunately did not make it into Nossal this year.

I was wondering if any of you could please tell me what i should know for the test. Eg: the topics in maths, the type of numerical and verbal questions.

Cheers,
Louis

Louis23

• Forum Regular
Re: Year 10 selective entry 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 05:52:33 pm »
Anyone?????

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:24:22 pm »
+2
Hi guys,

I was planning to try out for Nossal next year, i am currently in year 9 and unfortunately did not make it into Nossal this year.

I was wondering if any of you could please tell me what i should know for the test. Eg: the topics in maths, the type of numerical and verbal questions.

Cheers,
Louis

Can't really help you much here but have you tried looking at these resources in the AN Forum?
https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=146081.0
I'm sure if you have an in-depth look around this side of the forum, you will find something or someone that could give a better answer! :D

Topic-wise for maths, definitely know your Year 10A Maths inside out and make sure you can do everything by hand. Maybe a bit of early Methods 1/2 might be a bit beneficial? 
It is pretty much the same scenario as it was the previous year, just on a harder scale. Sharpen yourself on this and you should be alright! Many of my friends who didn't get in the first time and took the test the following year said it was similar if not easier than the first one. :o
Don't stress yourself out if you don't get in next year, after all, it is you as an individual that will make a difference to your score, not your school.

Shxh

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 10:52:16 am »
Hi guys,

Cheers,
Louis
What were your scores this year? And btw nossal year 10 entry is extremely competitive, i head that over 300 students are applying and nossal only accepts the top 10!! Good luck though, hope you make it in. Just remember even if you don’t make it to Nossal, don’t be disheartened as there is year 11 entry as well, but it’s very hard and competitive.