Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:52 pm

Author Topic: Random Memories from Primary School  (Read 2822 times)  Share 

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Re: Random Memories from Primary School
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 06:01:42 pm »
+6
Does anyone remember a game where there is a base and someone (or a group of people) guarding the base. Another group of students have about 60s to run anywhere in the school and hide and after the minute is up the group that hid had to run back to the base without being tagged by those who are guarding it?? I'm probably not doing it justice ahaha
YES!!! I think it was called forty forty home base. I remember once the playground where we played this game was next to a rock garden and as I was running through that rock garden I ended up slipping on and hurting my knee. I still have that scar!

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 11:46:26 am »
+6
I remember the amount of fun each day was, playing games, learning interesting things and being creative  ;D

btw. This is my 300th post!
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 12:35:57 pm »
+5
I don't know if y'all can relate to these as they are very my own personal memories from my experiences, but I hope someone gets a chuckle out of them :)

Memory 1
One time, way back in 6th grade, I tried to jump one of those chain fences. They aren't very high and shouldn't be particularly difficult to jump over, but boy oh boy was I about to remember something.
Chain Fence
I seriously misjudged my jump and my foot ended up catching one of the chains and I landed on top of the fence.

Imagine this branch was the fence and I was the bear. Now you can kind of picture it. Good.
I remembered in that moment, that I'm not very graceful when it comes to performing stunts, such as jumping over fences. Nor am I good at parkour. Yes, the fence wasn't that high, but I also cannot jump very high...

Memory 2
It was the day of cross-country, I was in grade 5 (I think), and I was doing pretty good. High jump may not be my sport, but running sure is (or was anyway...). It wasn't the perfect day to hold a cross-country, but that was ok, I didn't mind. It had been raining a couple hours earlier, the ground was slippery and not ideal to run on. I was nearing the finish line, in 3rd place. However, things took a turn for the worst. There were two competitors not too far behind me - about 3 or 4 strides. It turned into a fight to the death. We all picked up pace, I was pulling further and further away from them, getting closer to the finish line. When all of a sudden, right as I am about to cross the line and marvel in the glory of having come third, I slipped... I slipped on a pile of mud, not even a metre away from the finish line.... In front of the whole school, and parents, and teachers.... And I didn't receive the green ribbon I was so close to claiming.

Memory 3
Here's a short one from grade 6. Fun fact: In grade 6, I was house captain for Lawson - the blue team. I was on my way to a student-leader meeting with the vice principal and a group of other student-leaders. We were having mad chats, laughing, joking around, just excited to get time out of class.... I walked into a pole. Like, I didn't just bump it with my shoulder, no. I full on whacked it with my face. I thought it was funny, my peers thought it was funny, Ms vice principal lady did not think it was funny. I got in trouble... for accidentally walking... into a pole??? Like, omg Im so sorry. I forgot to apologise to the pole, god I hope its doing ok... My face must've hurt it real bad, I gave it quite a whack...
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 08:23:29 am »
+5

I hope that pole has recovered...

My primary school banned running near poles (bye pole tiggy), then they banned running in that general area (bye line tiggy), then they banned running anywhere except the oval unless you were playing basketball. Still got told off for running while playing soccer on the oval because "you should only use half the oval and have the teams use the same goal post; you're taking up too much of the oval and might be scaring the preps". What we should've gotten in trouble for according to the school rules was being in a group of more than 3 people (if you're hanging out with 3 or more friends then obviously you're a gang terrorising others).

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 04:41:22 pm »
I hope that pole has recovered...

My primary school banned running near poles (bye pole tiggy), then they banned running in that general area (bye line tiggy), then they banned running anywhere except the oval unless you were playing basketball. Still got told off for running while playing soccer on the oval because "you should only use half the oval and have the teams use the same goal post; you're taking up too much of the oval and might be scaring the preps". What we should've gotten in trouble for according to the school rules was being in a group of more than 3 people (if you're hanging out with 3 or more friends then obviously you're a gang terrorising others).

Ahh yes, it is entirely unacceptable for students to have fun! Who do they think they are!... School administration logic is weird sometimes, maybe one day I will understand it
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics