Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:29:44 am

Author Topic: Werewolf  (Read 208303 times)  Share 

blasonduo

• Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
Re: Werewolf
« Reply #1245 on: January 11, 2020, 11:23:41 pm »
The sun sets over ANville...?

Finally, a day in which the town decided to not lynch anyone, but town knew that the odds weren't in their favour and that a no-lynch would probably ensure a loss... unless the zombie had other plans. The town looked towards to grave of the zombie hoping to see some movement, some indication that the zombie was about to revive, but there was nothing. The zombie had given up and had finally decided to rest in peace.

With the last piece of hope snatched from the town, the last 3 towns looked at each other with a hallowed expression, they all wanted Ionic doc to die, but the werewolves refused, the werewolves wanted this flawless victory, they NEEDED it. The werewolves also need it was up, and they began to cackle and howl in harmony as if they knew all along. They knew absolutely everything and everything fell into their arms. It was a glorious day for them.

With nowhere to hide, the town was over; the investigation over. This was just another unsolved disappearance of yet another town, it seems like the mystery of AN was meant to be a mystery. Maybe some mysteries are better-left unsolved, and the last 3 town members began to think the same, but their regrets cannot undo time, it was over.

INTRODUCING OUR WINNERS:

Spoiler
Ionic Doc (Brute)
Erutepa (Necromancer)
MVP: Bri MT (Hypnotist)

Sine (Joker)

Click here to see everyone's role!
Spoiler

Ionic Doc (Brute)
insanipi (Vigilante)
Bri MT (Hypnotist)
RuiAce (Best Friend)
Erutepa (Necromancer)
laura_ (Lookout)
angewina_naguen (Seer)
katie,rinos (Nitwit)
fun_jirachi (Zombie)
Pearlmilktea (Psychic)
avocadinq (Medic)
Sine (Joker)
Click here to see what everyone did each night!!
Spoiler

Fun facts of the game:
Avocadinq initially self-healed N1, which would've saved them, but eventually changed their decision :(
A whole chat for "innos" were made in which one of the founding members was a werewolf
katie,rinos, even with a role to block actions, NEVER blocked an action.

2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
« Reply #1246 on: January 11, 2020, 11:25:32 pm »
Ok the truth is out & yeah, PMT wasn't the big bad wolf.

Well, it boiled down to this: Either PMT or I had to be the wolf, and it was me.

Truth is, wolves had been guaranteed the win since fun_jirachi was voted off but by holding on to pretence a little longer we could maybe have managed to finish a bit more spectacularly by lynching an inno today. All in all tho, I'm happy with this game. No wolf deaths. Zombie dead & no way for the innos to kill us now.

To pmt: you may be new to the game but don't discount yourself :)

To all the innos: There is no one inno who can be attributed as "responsible". Don't blame yourselves - blame the wolf team :)

Due to my role as the big traitor in this game I feel qualified to give this advice that's especially important for newer players: being believed in the game isn't about how trustworthy you are, it's about how you can frame the info you give.

(That being said it might be hard for people to trust me in future games ahahaha)

To the wolves: thanks for being a great team. Without our communication and different people contributing ideas this wouldn't have been possible. The big reveal night 2 plan would've been a blast but I'm happy with how things turned out :)

Btw: the one thing that threw me off balance and could've screwed up the whole thing is that early on day 1 I suspected that katie was joker and Sine inno (& passed this idea on to the rest of the wolf team). The other roles I guessed or deduced then were right, but as we got closer to lynching Sine I realised what a mistake I had made and it was too late to really be corrected (this is also about when started realising that I 100% agreed with ionic's idea to kill Rui). Waiting to find out who Sine had haunted was the most tense part of this whole game for me.

//finished this earlier but thought blasonduo would appreciate me posting this after the big post.

Pearlmilktea

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "fun n fresh"
« Reply #1247 on: January 11, 2020, 11:29:25 pm »
hahahhahah we appreciate your advice and TEDTalk (like seriously though I was telling Angelina how your writing skills here > mine hahah where's English when you need her?!?)  :) ;). You are an actual queen and were so so believeable on the forums and in the chat!

Seriously though, that has to be one of the best wolf teams to ever exist probably

On another note:
I'm on the phone to avocadinq and even with knowing about this self heal fail we were still laughing our heads off at this honourable mention
HSC 2018: French Continuers (92)
HSC 2019: Biology (94), English Adv (92), French Extension  (41), Legal Studies (91) and Italian Beginners (95).

ATAR: 98.45
HSC All-rounder :)

Gracie :D

avocadinq

• MOTM: FEB 19
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #1248 on: January 11, 2020, 11:30:50 pm »
Thank you blasonduo for the honorary mention 😃 I'd like to thank the village team for helping me make my decision, even though I died the first night. Maybe I wasn't cut out to be a medic HAHAHA. It was lovely ghost voting the host, the many random calls with pearlmilktea to update me on the werewolves thread, enjoying cInammOnly tasting pOpCorN with Rui and rooting the village team on from sidelines. Good game werewolves!

Edit: just noticed the werewolf activity on me all on the first night... I guess you wanted me dead / on the werewolf team... sorry that didn't happen oop #villageteamforlife
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:38:02 pm by avocadinq »
HSC 2019 | chemistry, english advanced, mathematics, mathematics ext 1, modern history and legal studies
For more study inspiration, check out my studygram! @quadrtics

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
« Reply #1249 on: January 11, 2020, 11:37:46 pm »
Amazing game, everyone! I can't wait to play the next one already  ;D Lots of things learnt and friendships (as well as red flags) made  8)

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Pearlmilktea

• Forum Regular
  • "fun n fresh"
« Reply #1250 on: January 11, 2020, 11:41:59 pm »
Amazing game, everyone! I can't wait to play the next one already  ;D Lots of things learnt and friendships (as well as red flags) made  8)

hahahahahhaahha I will never forget meeting you and Rui prior to the training day through this game.
That is probably the most hilarious and epic way to meet someone from AN
HSC 2019: Biology (94), English Adv (92), French Extension  (41), Legal Studies (91) and Italian Beginners (95).

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #1251 on: January 11, 2020, 11:43:51 pm »
hahahhahah we appreciate your advice and TEDTalk (like seriously though I was telling Angelina how your writing skills here > mine hahah where's English when you need her?!?)  :) ;). You are an actual queen and were so so believeable on the forums and in the chat!

Seriously though, that has to be one of the best wolf teams to ever exist probably

On another note:
I'm on the phone to avocadinq and even with knowing about this self heal fail we were still laughing our heads off at this honourable mention

Thank you!

Blame the public speaking and leadership training ahaha

Thank you blasonduo for the honorary mention 😃 I'd like to thank the village team for helping me make my decision, even though I died the first night. Maybe I wasn't cut out to be a medic HAHAHA. It was lovely ghost voting the host, the many random calls with pearlmilktea to update me on the werewolves thread, enjoying cInammOnly tasting pOpCorN with Rui and rooting the village team on from sidelines. Good game werewolves!

Edit: just noticed the werewolf activity on me all on the first night... I guess you wanted me dead / on the werewolf team... sorry that didn't happen oop #villageteamforlife

Actually the original plan was to kill Laura

Next person who gets tracker as their role is probably going to struggle more than normal :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:47:34 pm by Bri MT »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1252 on: January 12, 2020, 06:52:42 am »
Wow! What a game guys! As soon as Bri started really pushing for us to lynch PMT, rather than agreeing for us to lynch Ionic, I just knew that she was the werewolf and that PMT was inno, but by that point it was too late. Well done Bri, very well played!! Congrats to all the werewolves.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #1253 on: January 12, 2020, 07:32:18 am »
Good Game Everyone  :D

Also @avocadinq, the original plan was to kill Laura but later I randomly chose you out of all the villagers so I guess the medic curse is real lol.  :o

And @PMT you put up a really good fight yesterday, unlucky though that it was too late.

And of course, this werewolf team was beast, especially with Bri coming up with these insane plans (MVP well deserved).

;)

2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Pearlmilktea

• Forum Regular
  • "fun n fresh"
« Reply #1254 on: January 12, 2020, 12:16:32 pm »

And @PMT you put up a really good fight yesterday, unlucky though that it was too late.

Hahahah thanks.

Well it’s been alluded to but the innos had a private chat and a lot of this game occurred behind the scenes for us. So although it may have been the first time you saw me posting here yesterday, I can promise a lot of proving my innocence was not on the forums. The only reason I started posting yesterday was because I realised Bri MT was a werewolf  ;)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1255 on: January 12, 2020, 12:30:42 pm »
@blasonduo, thanks so much for running another fantastic game! What do you think about the medic having N1 immunity if we ever played again? ;D

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
« Reply #1256 on: January 12, 2020, 01:53:10 pm »
Just some feedback on the games so far:

- Whispers/PMs seem a bit too broken. ToS has this, but much faster paced and irl mafia and werewolf doesn't have that at all, with communication only during the day phase. While the werewolves did win this round, it was due to a bit of luck and misjudgement, but ultimately the game is actually weighted towards the town - it's not as hard as it should be to suss out the werewolves at the beginning of the game, as soon as night 1. I'm not too sure as to what a decent solution would be because this is a forum and so needs to be slowpaced, while whispers are an integral part of the game.
- Perhaps we could have more neutral roles like the Joker and the Zombie, but rotate them around so they aren't guaranteed picks in every game?
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #1257 on: January 12, 2020, 03:13:56 pm »
There is always the IRC but the thing with that is:
- most here aren't used to using it
- everyone you want to communicate with needs to be online at the same time

iirc it's mostly been wolves rather than town winning so I'm not convinced that the balance needs to be shifted to favour wolves. A lot of info came from a bunch of people visiting Rui night 1. E.g. I without that I wouldn't have known fun_jirachi was zombie, Laura wouldn't have been trusted, Rui's role wouldn't have been confirmed, Angewina wouldn't have been trusted...   it's odd to get that much from night 1 but I don't think the fact it happened is a flaw in the game

blasonduo

• Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
« Reply #1258 on: May 09, 2020, 05:03:58 pm »
Werewolf is back!!!

Everyone is stuck inside their homes, unable to leave due to a looming virus. That means everyone should be safe and sound! No chances of murder, no chances of infection.... However, one little town refused to listen to this warning..... This town was called ANville.

Current members of AN...
1) insanipi
2) J_Rho
3) katie,rinos
4) Owlbird83
5) angewina_naguen
6) Einstein_Reborn_97
7) Partyking1234
8) laura_
9) Ionic Doc
10) PhoenixxFire
11) OmikronBoi9
12) Erutepa

Some key things to remember:
- If you cannot check this forum DAILY, please do not sign up, everyone who signs up must actively participate for this game to work.
- Absolutely everyone is allowed to join! Just bewere, lying is a fundamental part of the game.
- If at any point in the game you feel like you can't continue for ANY reason, I'll happily pull you from the game with no questions asked :) Mental health is a priority.

Also, more than 10 people may join the game. 10 is just the minimum.

If 10 players join the game, I will send out the updates made from the last game and send out the role list.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:44:14 pm by blasonduo »
2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
« Reply #1259 on: May 09, 2020, 06:21:53 pm »
I'm keen! 😊
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!