Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 07:11:21 pm

Author Topic: Which is more suitable B.BioMed/B.Sc @ Melb or B.PharmSci @ Monash?  (Read 4644 times)  Share 

anakhl

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Hello,

I'm currently looking into different degrees and university pathways and am a bit confused as to which would be more suitable for the career trajectory I want to head towards.

Simply put, I would like to work in the Research and Development phase(s) of pharmaceuticals, I would like to do laboratory work as well, not just developing concepts behind a desk.

The two (or rather four) options I have arrived at is the Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science at Monash, which could be further extended to a Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science/Chemical Engineering (Double degree) if that would be suitable/worthwhile. As well as the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Biomedicine at Melbourne (both which offer similar majors in the Health Sciences). With UniMelb I believe the major would probably be Pharmacology, but I would like for your input on that as well, as I'm not sure if that would be the best suited major or not.

Your input would be much appreciated  :)