Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 08:19:45 pm

Author Topic: Looking for some advice, who else is good for science?  (Read 5709 times)  Share 

Deank

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Looking for some advice, who else is good for science?
« on: January 17, 2012, 07:34:55 pm »
To start off, I'm going to state that ultimately I want to get into Engineering @ Monash, So with that as my first preference and BSc @ Monash as my second, I waited eagerly for the first round offers, unfortunately with my ATAR of 76.15, only having Under rep school for SEAS, and the BSc @ Monash clearly-in changing from 77 to 80.05, I have unfortunately not gotten into the course.

So now I'm left with some decisions, being unaware of what the clearly-in (w/ under rep SEAS) cut off for BSc @ Monash is, I don't want to rely on getting a 2nd round offer at Monash, as so far it seams unlikely that I will receive one, so I have to decide which university I want to do Science at and apply for an irregular offer there. Keep in mind I only want to do Science as a pathway into Engineering at Monash (Through achieving high scores/ a high GPA), and the reason why I want to do it at Monash so much is because 1. They are known for their Engineering department and 2. I don't know what type of Engineering (Monash 1st year, so appealing.) I want to branch off into.

Picking Science as a pathway because I enjoyed Math and Chemistry in VCE (only did methods, not spec, and relatively poorly in it and Chemistry as well, room for improvement), I'm also interested in Physics and Bio but didn't do them in VCE.

So, what to do? =S.
shoved my thumb up my grandma's cat's butthole when I was 8..

...seemed funny at the time kk? :(

shannon2298

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Looking for some advice, who else is good for science?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »
Yeah you are much like me. I got a 79.55 im hoping for a second round offer for Monash Science so im not taking a chance on an irregular offer, sticking with biological science. There are two other universites i recommend for science which are Deakin which requires a 67 ATAR and La trobe which is looking for a 65.15. These would get you into science and then you could transfer to Monash to do engineering. It will take a lot of hard work.
What is your first round offer by the way?

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +96
Re: Looking for some advice, who else is good for science?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:16:18 pm »
To start off, I'm going to state that ultimately I want to get into Engineering @ Monash, So with that as my first preference and BSc @ Monash as my second, I waited eagerly for the first round offers, unfortunately with my ATAR of 76.15, only having Under rep school for SEAS, and the BSc @ Monash clearly-in changing from 77 to 80.05, I have unfortunately not gotten into the course.

So now I'm left with some decisions, being unaware of what the clearly-in (w/ under rep SEAS) cut off for BSc @ Monash is, I don't want to rely on getting a 2nd round offer at Monash, as so far it seams unlikely that I will receive one, so I have to decide which university I want to do Science at and apply for an irregular offer there. Keep in mind I only want to do Science as a pathway into Engineering at Monash (Through achieving high scores/ a high GPA), and the reason why I want to do it at Monash so much is because 1. They are known for their Engineering department and 2. I don't know what type of Engineering (Monash 1st year, so appealing.) I want to branch off into.

Picking Science as a pathway because I enjoyed Math and Chemistry in VCE (only did methods, not spec, and relatively poorly in it and Chemistry as well, room for improvement), I'm also interested in Physics and Bio but didn't do them in VCE.

So, what to do? =S.

Perhaps you could pick another somewhat-related course, get credit for that and then transfer after a semester or a year? I'm not knowledgeable on this, but I know that much.

And do keep your determination up. You can always get to where you want, not just through the ATAR. There is always a way.
Science, Melbourne University.