Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:40:45 pm

Author Topic: Thank you Poet and Erutepa  (Read 2771 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Thank you Poet and Erutepa
« on: September 02, 2021, 07:49:42 pm »
+24
It feels a bit surreal to be making this post and I've started it over a few times trying to find the right words. Poet and Erutepa have decided to step down from their roles as state mods. This doesn't mean it's a step away and I look forward to seeing the count to 20 before a mod posts thread become more challenging for the mods again.

I could spend a mega post of words talking about personal impact to me so I'm going to leave that at this - I am glad that ATAR Notes meant we all met and I am fortunate to count you both as friends. Both of you have been strong community builders, and as powerhouses of forum games and casual chat even your high official post counts are a bit below the true 4457 posts from Poet and 4877 posts from Erutepa. That being said, I'll try to be succinct with highlights of your times of the forums :D

Thank you to former State Moderator: Poet

Poet joined the forums and first posted November 2017. By half-way through the next year, she was already described as a "pivotal part of the community" and recognised as MotM. By the end of the year, she became a state moderator and was voted by the community as the most supportive person on the forums in the 2018 AN awards. A quick look through Poet's posting history readily explains why this is the case. In it, you find a guide encouraging healthy eating but what's more is the plethora of "everyday" posts that encourage others to practice self-compassion. This appears in the form of things like making time for art or supporting others in their journey journals. True to form, she has also written an article on prioritising mental health. Poet's reflections on work on her own wellbeing have also become nexuses of supportive community discussion (e.g. here, here & here). The influence of Poet's journal was recognised by the community with it being voted the runner up best journal in both 2018 and 2019.

Thank you to former State Moderator: Erutepa

Erutepa joined the forums and made his first post in May 2018. He quickly stepped into action providing science help to others as well as participating in forum games and community discussions. By February 2019 he was described as an "integral part of the community" and awarded MotM. In 2019, he was recognised by the community as MVP of the Vic graduating cohort, runner-up Vic MVP overall, and honourable mention for funniest member in the AN awards. Again, reasons for this are very apparent in his posting history with many examples of detailed science help (examples of these contributions include: this, this, this, this, this, this and this) as well as being an entertaining and uplifting presence across the forums. Erutepa was made a state moderator in early 2020 and proceeded to be a key contributor to the science games. For evidence of Erutepa's sense of humour, I refer readers to his journal.

Clearly, you have been fantastic community builders and had huge impact on the forums. Thank you both for the literal months of online time you have spent on the forums and absolute best of luck for your journeys ahead. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get up to in the future and cheering on your successes.