Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:56:47 am

Author Topic: Doing bad in one SAC effect on study score?  (Read 2797 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Doing bad in one SAC effect on study score?
« on: September 01, 2021, 04:46:09 pm »
Hey guys, I just got my economic SAC back today and I scored 76% which is 46/60 :(
But the thing is I did really well on my other SACs earlier this year I was averaging high 80's, can I still get a 40 study score assuming that I ace the coming SAC and the exam or should I just let this subject go? 76% is roughly a B+

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
Re: Doing bad in one SAC effect on study score?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 09:43:40 pm »
+1
One bad SAC score shouldn't drag down your AOS Mark or Study Score by too much, especially considering that it's not too far outside of your average mark.
Considering your high 80s average, and that 76% is just a bit off of that, I'd say you should be fine towards getting a 40 study score.
Economics can hold a competitive cohort, but your scoring does seem pretty robust. If you do just as well in the upcoming SAC and the exam, a 40 shouldn't be too hard.
When I did Drama (not sure if this is applicable, because the written SACs are marked differently to other subjects) I had a SAC average in the high 70s. My last SAC of the year was about 45% and I still got a B for that outcome. Sure, I wasn't aiming as high as you, but my score wasn't as badly affected as I thought it would be.
Whatever happens, you should continue trying your hardest in your subjects. You might be pleasantly surprised at the end of the year when you get your results, you know...
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.