Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:40:30 am

Author Topic: Help with CAS Classpad  (Read 902 times)  Share 

Redden380_

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Help with CAS Classpad
« on: July 25, 2021, 03:17:36 pm »
Hello all, I have a Classpad CAS Calculator fx-CP400 and I've been inputting some numbers lately and the calculator keeps on spitting out the wrong answers. E.g. I input cos(60) and it's coming out with -0.9524129804.... I tried resetting it in the system menu, and I deleted all the memory of the calculator. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but I've already done it. Can someone please help me?  :-\ Thanks

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Help with CAS Classpad
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 03:32:11 pm »
+1
Hello all, I have a Classpad CAS Calculator fx-CP400 and I've been inputting some numbers lately and the calculator keeps on spitting out the wrong answers. E.g. I input cos(60) and it's coming out with -0.9524129804.... I tried resetting it in the system menu, and I deleted all the memory of the calculator. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but I've already done it. Can someone please help me?  :-\ Thanks

Hi! Since you have entered cos(60) in the calculator, you need to make sure that your calculator is set to DEG - this is at the bottom of the screen on the main menu. Right now you have it set to Radians, which is why it’s giving you that number. 60 is in degrees, hence why you need degrees. However, if you have cos(Pi/3), which is 60 degrees in radians, you can have your calculator set to radians :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Redden380_

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Help with CAS Classpad
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 03:54:17 pm »
+1
Hi! Since you have entered cos(60) in the calculator, you need to make sure that your calculator is set to DEG - this is at the bottom of the screen on the main menu. Right now you have it set to Radians, which is why it’s giving you that number. 60 is in degrees, hence why you need degrees. However, if you have cos(Pi/3), which is 60 degrees in radians, you can have your calculator set to radians :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!
AHH so that's what it was! Thanks you so much, sorry for my smol brain :P But in all seriousness thanks.