Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:50:04 am

Author Topic: Hazards test tips  (Read 4455 times)  Share 

gettingmyps

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Hazards test tips
« on: April 09, 2021, 10:16:29 am »
Hi
I'm thinking of doing my hazards test soon. I did the practice tests on the vicroads website, and they don't have very good quality. Anyone who's done the hazards test, what's it like?
Thanks

gettingmyps

• Adventurer
Re: Hazards test tips
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 05:15:34 pm »
Hi
I'm thinking of doing my hazards test soon. I did the practice tests on the vicroads website, and they don't have very good quality. Anyone who's done the hazards test, what's it like?
Thanks
??
also, is it ok to practise the south australia hazards perception test? is it relevant to the victoria hazards perception test?
cheers

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 05:24:59 pm »
+5
Those new versions of the hazard test are much better than they  use to be, but what is on the vicroads is the style of graphics used today for the test. I did mine in December, and they looked like they did online. I personally haven't used the SA hazard tests, but I don't think it's the best idea.

The driving laws between states are somewhat different. Whilst it isn't a big change, it might confuse you a bit when trying to go for the read thing. So I don't think it's a great idea to use the SA test.

I don't have many tips for the hazard test, but if you've been driving for a while, it's really just a simulation to what you'd do in real life on the roads. As long as you can get a gauge for when to press the button, and know when to turn or merge into a lane, you'll do fine. Do the vicroads practice as many times as you like to feel comfortable. Good luck!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

gettingmyps

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 10:11:26 am »
Those new versions of the hazard test are much better than they  use to be, but what is on the vicroads is the style of graphics used today for the test. I did mine in December, and they looked like they did online. I personally haven't used the SA hazard tests, but I don't think it's the best idea.

The driving laws between states are somewhat different. Whilst it isn't a big change, it might confuse you a bit when trying to go for the read thing. So I don't think it's a great idea to use the SA test.

I don't have many tips for the hazard test, but if you've been driving for a while, it's really just a simulation to what you'd do in real life on the roads. As long as you can get a gauge for when to press the button, and know when to turn or merge into a lane, you'll do fine. Do the vicroads practice as many times as you like to feel comfortable. Good luck!
thanks!
And also, how much days should you generally leave between doing your hazards test and doing the driving test?