Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:59:04 pm

Author Topic: 3 more months!  (Read 2081 times)

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
3 more months!
« on: March 16, 2021, 07:47:04 pm »
+1
Hi everyone! I have 3 more months until my test and my accuracy and time sucks. I had to take a break from ucat for 2 weeks because of an overload of sacs but that caused my decent improvement to flop again. I did ucat today after a few weeks and I'm really disheartened at my progress because I worked so hard to improve and it's all gone down the drain. Any advice? Is there any hope for improvement?

Thank you!
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
Re: 3 more months!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 12:22:13 am »
+3
Three months is still a really long time (even if you include another exam period (possibly? not sure how Vic exam periods are structured in general)). There's also a holiday somewhere in between, plus another one right before the exam (if you do it later in the month). I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that you've done a bit poorly this time around, and after all your tougher circumstances point to this result as well. I think it's more important (and well done on doing so, by the way) that you've gone straight back to working for something you want and recognising that there's room to improve.

Going off what you've said, it's clear you've made some improvements prior to this; so what's to say you can't take those steps again? I and everyone else here trusts that you can keep going and if you need motivating, we're all here :) There are a few changes you might want to make though:

- Try working in shorter bursts and only continue if you have good feelings (working while disheartened and drained is pretty counterproductive)
- Try squeezing in some practice when you can so you won't have a two week break (probably didn't word it quite right, but it's just so you won't feel so rusty after picking it up again)

Hope this helps!! :D
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions