Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:58:55 am

Author Topic: Did everyone else find section C strange?  (Read 2533 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
Did everyone else find section C strange?
« on: November 10, 2020, 08:31:22 pm »
For the first time techniques appeals etc didn’t just jump out at me. It was crazy I think it was easily the worse language analysis I’ve written.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

petriichor

• Adventurer
Re: Did everyone else find section C strange?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 09:06:30 pm »
For the first time techniques appeals etc didn’t just jump out at me. It was crazy I think it was easily the worse language analysis I’ve written.

I agree - there didn't seem to be a lot to talk about. Like it was pretty long but just... empty?

99.95_goal

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 09:10:16 pm »

Well just for me personally all LA are the same because the point is tracking progression and logic in the article so it didn't matter how many 'techniques' you found but rather if you can grasp the flow of the article

Genshai

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 09:16:47 pm »
yeah i felt the same way! i was also expecting a second article, so i wasnt prepared for only one. i found the tone hard to describe (but maybe i just need to work on my tonal words haha)
2019: Biology [40]
2020: English [35], Methods [27], Art [36], Revs [38], Chem [29]

ATAR: 87.85

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 10:07:18 pm »
Well just for me personally all LA are the same because the point is tracking progression and logic in the article so it didn't matter how many 'techniques' you found but rather if you can grasp the flow of the article

I know it’s not about techniques but it was so difficult to find appeals to sub-catagories of his audience and also what type of atmosphere he was aiming to create the article DID NOT FLOW.
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 09:46:22 am »
As to appealing to sub-categories, I just pulled out all the times he was referring to farmers, anything to do with that, compared with whenever he was saying stuff directly to the council or whatever - was that wrong? The article's atmosphere kept changing, I felt, so I just kept on talking about his tonal shifts and how they made different feelings etc.; was that, also, wrong? I was very glad but surprised it was only one article.... I didn't feel it was 'empty' of anything to say - I had to make sure I didn't say everything I could've, which was annoying. I didn't put in enough intended effect though.  :-\ I felt it was a weird one, overall, nothing like previous years'.  ???

But never mind - it's over - we can forget about it! :D
until we get our results...
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 10:16:48 am »
As to appealing to sub-categories, I just pulled out all the times he was referring to farmers, anything to do with that, compared with whenever he was saying stuff directly to the council or whatever - was that wrong? The article's atmosphere kept changing, I felt, so I just kept on talking about his tonal shifts and how they made different feelings etc.; was that, also, wrong? I was very glad but surprised it was only one article.... I didn't feel it was 'empty' of anything to say - I had to make sure I didn't say everything I could've, which was annoying. I didn't put in enough intended effect though.  :-\ I felt it was a weird one, overall, nothing like previous years'.  ???

But never mind - it's over - we can forget about it! :D
until we get our results...

That was me! I put in intended emotion he wanted to evoke, but as for actions he wanted them to do :P and I know you need that for the high marks  😭
 But oh well your right! It’s overrr
My avatar sums up life.