Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:01 pm

Author Topic: .  (Read 4412 times)

amal.rabbani

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
« on: August 15, 2020, 10:19:24 am »
+7
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 11:05:34 am by amal.rabbani »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: HSC Journal
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 10:29:00 am »
+3
Hi!

Welcome to the forums :D

Do you want this moved to the HSC journey journal section? Or did you want this more just as a "hi" post and to start your journal separately?

Either way, looking forward to having you around more :)

amal.rabbani

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 10:38:19 am »
+1
Hi!

Welcome to the forums :D

Do you want this moved to the HSC journey journal section? Or did you want this more just as a "hi" post and to start your journal separately?

Either way, looking forward to having you around more :)

Hello!

Yes I would love that, as you can see I haven't fully figured out how to use the website and its functions properly yet haha.

And also thank you, I'm excited to contribute the very best I can :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 10:46:30 am »
+2

Hello!

Yes I would love that, as you can see I haven't fully figured out how to use the website and its functions properly yet haha.

And also thank you, I'm excited to contribute the very best I can :)

No worries!

I've done the move now - you can also edit your post if you would like (which includes renaming the thread if you want a more specific name) by using the modify button.

I've put together this welcome to the forums post which has links to some useful guides that might help you learn but I also definitely support just jumping in and figuring it out as you go.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
  • Respect: +25
Re: The Trials and Tribulations of my HSC Journey
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 11:25:33 pm »
+4
Okay hello!

It's been a while but I've just finished up with  my first week of Year 12, and oh boy...its a lot.

All in all, have recieved my prelims and I am semi-happy with them scoring about:

English Adv: 70% (very disappointed with this mark, thought the exam went well. it is slightly discouraging but has increased motivation to do better and removed any sense of complacency I may have had with English)

Drama: 100%- ranked 1st in assessment (so so happy)

Legal Studies: Received 90% which is a massive improvement- ranking 1st in the assessment
English Ext: 78% (ranked 1st in assessment and overall) I'm happy I got first but disappointed with the mark itself, my creative writing definitely dragged me down and needs a tonne of practise

Modern History: 80% (ranked top 5) eh wasn't happy at all with this tbh

It's honestly been just the first week and I haven't felt more 'frozen'. It is hard to deal with this sudden break and shift in dynamic and be expected to suddenly 'switch on',,, I am however hoping this anxiety fades and I can focus on the tasks at hand and get in tune with study habits/ dedication,,, basically just into that right 'headspace'. Knowing that I had the chance to drop Music and Economics did however help ease my discomfort as I get to focus on what I enjoy, however now I have to take on the big dog,, one of my major work subjects... Ext 2 English.

This coming week I want to focus on
1. Figuring out a concept for Ext 2 (and beginning research process)
2. Actively looking for a Drama Monologue
3. Getting on top of the Human Experience stuff
4. Getting through a tonne of Modern History and Legal Content (so I can begin to write essays,, more time to refine notes)
5. Starting to write a creative (more like forcing myself lol)

OKAY ALSO

I'm seeing my English and Modern tutor this week and I'm praying to the lord that they are good!! Please be good!!
Alright I'm going to do as much of this list as I can and I'll update in a few days!

Congrats on those marks! Although it may not seem like it, they are really good and you can apply your feedback during your HSC. I'm also struggling to get into the habit of studying and consistency, its a bit hard when you first start of and have no clue what to do (or at least that's how I feel)
Remember, pain is temporary, but the HSC is for life
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies