Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:23:56 am

Author Topic: Almost failing a sac?  (Read 5647 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Almost failing a sac?
« on: June 09, 2020, 11:59:56 pm »
I apologise for posting this so late, but I can't stop thinking about it. So as you all probably know that sacs scores are almost out by now (mine is out already) and so far I am seriously questioning by abilities. I barely scrapped pass and legit got a deadset of 40% which is the bare minimum. What should I do next? I can't afford to get a study score of in the low 20's. My aim was originally high 30's lol.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Almost failing a sac?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 08:53:18 am »
+2
I apologise for posting this so late, but I can't stop thinking about it. So as you all probably know that sacs scores are almost out by now (mine is out already) and so far I am seriously questioning by abilities. I barely scrapped pass and legit got a deadset of 40% which is the bare minimum. What should I do next? I can't afford to get a study score of in the low 20's. My aim was originally high 30's lol.

Do you know why you lost the marks you did?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 09:32:06 am »
I think I do, but I just can't improve it  :(
The worst part is that the class did bad too so that will scale my sacs down at the end of the year.

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 10:25:52 pm »

what subject is this? I'm sure you can redeem yourself depending on how many SACS you have already done and how much your exam contributes to your ss. Don't be too disheartened, there is always an opportunity to improve and you have until the exam for whatever subject you are doing. If you've already identified your mistakes work on fixing them. I know you have said that you probably can't fix it but it would be a bit helpful if you could give some detail.

worst-case scenario, if you REALLY think that you can't get a study score higher than 20, then try and work harder in your other subjects or subjects that you are stronger at so that they can compensate for this subject if you end up with a low ss. 
2020 subjects:
3/4 English - 3/4 Methods- 3/4 chemistry- 3/4 Biology- 3/4 psychology

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 10:31:00 pm »
what subject is this? I'm sure you can redeem yourself depending on how many SACS you have already done and how much your exam contributes to your ss. Don't be too disheartened, there is always an opportunity to improve and you have until the exam for whatever subject you are doing. If you've already identified your mistakes work on fixing them. I know you have said that you probably can't fix it but it would be a bit helpful if you could give some detail.

worst-case scenario, if you REALLY think that you can't get a study score higher than 20, then try and work harder in your other subjects or subjects that you are stronger at so that they can compensate for this subject if you end up with a low ss.

and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't everyone doing bad an indication of the SAC being too hard? maybe the SAC will scale up? you could also maybe gather a group of people and ask your teacher to scale up all of your scores if the whole class consistently did really bad (like the highest mark being 60 or 50%)

also, remember that ranking matters too!! you can also bring your ranking up and if your cohort is particularly strong, with an exception of this SAC, I think your ss improves or gets a boost or something. (again not sure)
2020 subjects:

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 10:51:08 am »
It is a history subject and I agree with your suggestion that I should work harder in my other subjects and let that be in my bottom 10%. My ranking is probably really low in the class idk where tho. I don't think our sacs are too hard, I believe that it is just people not studying during term 2 cuz of the corona virus and all that.

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 08:12:52 pm »
+2
It is a history subject and I agree with your suggestion that I should work harder in my other subjects and let that be in my bottom 10%. My ranking is probably really low in the class idk where tho. I don't think our sacs are too hard, I believe that it is just people not studying during term 2 cuz of the corona virus and all that.

Fair enough. Especially if you are doing six subjects it won’t matter too much being in your bottom 2 as long as you do good in other subjects. I also plan on doing the same for methods  :D but I would still say, try the best you can even if you don’t see yourself doing good. Obviously prioritise the subjects you are good at but still try in this. I assure that you that you can still get a good score If you smash unit 4 and the exams.. and anyways it is always good to have any boost you can get in terms of ATAR. Take what resonates with you  :)
2020 subjects:

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 10:12:53 am »
+2
Don't be discouraged! It's only one SAC. I know some cohorts where the average was around 40% and they did well.

I know personally, my first SAC for one subject was very average but I still managed to surpass a 30 SS in a subject that scales up a little. Just keep working hard!
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University