Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 05:48:02 am

Author Topic: The QCE Years - My Journey to Changing the World through Business and Technology  (Read 51557 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
+1
Sadly the assignment that I am doing right now does not require coding. The assignment is known as a 'technical proposal'. It is a type of assignment where we propose/investigate an idea for a web app. I've also found in the syllabus document available on the QCAA website that, Digital Solutions has been slightly influenced by the VCE Computing syllabus.

I think Aaron (an honorary moderator and actual maths & IT teacher) still checks the forums so if you post over in the computing area he may very well see it and be able to help you out.

Looking at the sample it looks like the main things you need to do are:
- show the basic nontechnical context
- show that you understand the technical context, what the different options are
- lay out your plan, justifying the choices you've made (showing both user experience and the data side)
- use appropriate language as you do so

True there's no actual coding in this one because essentially it's your plan but can you see how to write the pseudocode for the proposed algorithms you need coding knowledge?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:14:58 pm by Bri MT »

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
I think Aaron (an honorary moderator and actual maths & IT teacher) still checks the forums so if you post over in the computing area he may very well see it and be able to help you out.

Looking at the sample it looks like the main things you need to do are:
- show the basic nontechnical context
- show that you understand the technical context, what the different options are
- lay out your plan, justifying the choices you've made (showing both user experience and the data side)
- use appropriate language as you do so

True there's no actual coding in this one because essentially it's your plan but can you see how to write the pseudocode for the proposed algorithms you need coding knowledge?

Is pseudocode the same as algorithms?

Also, where can I find the computing area on the forums?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:03:09 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
+1

Since I don't know which of the two 'Computing' ones you're wanting, here's the forum that contains them as subforums: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?board=146.0
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
+1

psuedocode is when you "write code in English". An algorithm is a process/procedure.

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+5
Hey Everyone,

I got another update for you all :)

Today I finished another one of my IA1 exams.

From what I can tell, I did really good (especially since this was one of my best subjects).

I got one more IA1 exam on Wednesday and then I'm done for the year.

It feels unbelievable that in just a few short days I will have finished year 11 (and IA1 for all of my subjects).

It's been a historic year and I'm very hopeful for 2021.

I'll update you all again soon,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+4
Hey Everyone,

Another update :)

Today I finished my final IA1 exam (which was a humanities subject).

I wasn't too confident about this exam but I did answer all of the questions. Humanities subjects often require a lot of analytical thinking and I struggled with that in the exam.

It feels great to have finally finished year 11 :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
+3
Hey Everyone,

I wasn't too confident about this exam but I did answer all of the questions. Humanities subjects often require a lot of analytical thinking and I struggled with that in the exam.

It feels great to finally have finished year 11 :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Congrats!!

I hope that you're able to take a bit of a breather now :)

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
+3
Hey Everyone,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

🎉Congratulations JM2019 for finishing your last Year 11 exam! This is a huge milestone and best of luck for Year 12, I know you will smash it! ;D

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+3
Thank you so much Bri and Coolmate :)

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
+3
Big congrats on finishing your Year 11 exams!  ;D

All the best for Year 12 next year!

P.S Love your username; Tom and Jerry will always be a favourite of mine haha.

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
+4
Hey Everyone,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Sorry that I couldn't say this earlier but congratulations on getting through Year 11 alive! Senior years of high school are no easy feat but you managed to climb the mountain a-okay (if that makes sense). There is another mountain to climb ahead but now that you've experienced the highs and lows of this mountain, I'm sure you'll be able to climb the next mountain more effectively by reflecting from the past year and learning and growing as an individual. I'm not exactly sure if my analogy makes any sense because my brain is still pretty fuzzy from my surgery today but hopefully it does makes sense :)

And also, all the best for Year 12 next year! It's a big year but I'm sure you'll be able to handle it effectively - personally, the best thing I think you can do to succeed is to prioritise your health. I'm not saying to completely ditch your assessment and study, but I would recommend maintaing a balance between looking after yourself and having some "you time" which could be whatever makes you happy or energised with completing your schoolwork and study.

P.S. Have you seen the trailer for the new Tom and Jerry film? I bet you'll love it as much as I did :)
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+3
Thank you so much Evolio and Darcy and yes I have seen the trailer for the new 'Tom and Jerry' film :)

I just realised the recent significance around my username because of the 'Tom and Jerry' film (Thanks again Evolio) :)

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+4
I'm so happy  ;D ;D ;D

Today, I found out that I got 18/20 on my IA1 General Maths PSMT.

Today was also the last day of year 11.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
+3
I'm so happy  ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations!! :D

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
+4
I'm so happy  ;D ;D ;D

Great job! :) :D
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.