Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:08:51 am

Author Topic: Best way to write notes  (Read 8544 times)  Share 

biomaster

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Best way to write notes
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »
I'm making notes for Business Management in preparation. Any methods which is good for you guys? I always end up making it really colourful but I don't actually remember it. Any tips, I'm aiming for a study score of over 42

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Best way to write notes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 09:34:29 pm »
I'm making notes for Business Management in preparation. Any methods which is good for you guys? I always end up making it really colourful but I don't actually remember it. Any tips, I'm aiming for a study score of over 42

Hey Biomaster! Welcome to the forums ;D

Don't really know much about this subject specifically, but in the similar HSC subjects I always recommend to write the notes according to the syllabus dot points; this way your notes will be organised and not miss anything! Exactly how they should be composed depends on your learning style - If the colour/pretty diagram stuff doesn't work for you perhaps you should go with just lots of dot points (never big blocks of writing, you'll never learn anything trying to memorise a big slab of text)! You could even record yourself speaking your notes out if you are an auditory learner ;D

It's all about tailoring to your style; everyone absorbs information differently :)

This article could be worth a read too! :) good luck!

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 12:36:00 pm »
+1

Don't really know much about this subject specifically, but in the similar HSC subjects I always recommend to write the notes according to the syllabus dot points; this way your notes will be organised and not miss anything! Exactly how they should be composed depends on your learning style - If the colour/pretty diagram stuff doesn't work for you perhaps you should go with just lots of dot points (never big blocks of writing, you'll never learn anything trying to memorise a big slab of text)! You could even record yourself speaking your notes out if you are an auditory learner ;D

It's all about tailoring to your style; everyone absorbs information differently :)

I can confirm that what Jamon said can be applied to VCE Business Management!! :)
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

biomaster

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:00:16 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate your help. I'm not sure how to tag someone in this comment

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:08:30 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate your help. I'm not sure how to tag someone in this comment

I'll show you! Scroll up to one of the replies above (say mine), and you'll see a 'Quote' button to the top right of the post. Click it, and you'll be taken to a dialogue window just the same as you normally get when you post, except it will have my post quoted there already! Then you just add your text below it :) (feel free to give it a go with this post)

janemurray

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:13:32 pm »

Acronym lists are also another really helpful way to study for Business Studies (thanks for the tip Andrew Attard!! - you are actually the best omg)... Anyway, basically go through the syllabus and make an acronym for each subheading. :)

Moderator Action (Glasses): Removing link.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:57:21 pm by Glasses »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:46 pm »
Acronym lists are also another really helpful way to study for Business Studies (thanks for the tip Andrew Attard!! - you are actually the best omg)...

This is the truest thing I've read all night - How much of an absolute beast is that guy  ;D

Thanks for the contribution Jane!

biomaster

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 05:51:52 pm »
+1

testing the quoting system. Thankss, really appreciate your help. Sorry for the late reply i've been having multiple sacs recently.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 11:33:45 pm »

testing the quoting system. Thankss, really appreciate your help. Sorry for the late reply i've been having multiple sacs recently.

All good! How did you go with them? ;D

biomaster

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 10:49:45 pm »
All good! How did you go with them? ;D
Not too good:((. I got 12.5/20. I made many silly mistakes for example, listing out similarities and difference instead of Advantages and disadvantages and lost 4/20 marks there:(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:01:49 am by biomaster »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 12:03:49 am »
Not too good:((. I got 12.5/20. I made many silly mistakes for example, listing out similarities and difference instead of Advantages and differences and lost 4/20 marks there:(

Arrghh, oh well, you can only move forward right? The only bad mistakes are the ones you don't learn from; far better to make those mistakes now than in the big exam at the end of the year. Keep your chin up! ;D

biomaster

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 01:00:05 am »
Arrghh, oh well, you can only move forward right? The only bad mistakes are the ones you don't learn from; far better to make those mistakes now than in the big exam at the end of the year. Keep your chin up! ;D

Yea very true. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!! :D