Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:53:28 pm

Author Topic: Sydney area English tutor  (Read 8372 times)  Share 

blakeim

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Sydney area English tutor
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:32:43 pm »
Hey - I'm a high school student starting year 11 soon. Just wondering if you guys have any recommendation for English tutors in the area?
I live in Sydney near city and doing English advanced this year.
I usually prefer self teaching with math and science but I feel like I need some extra help with English, especially it is the subject that will count for definite.
Please refer me to English tutors that you found helpful!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Sydney area English tutor
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:20:25 pm »
+1
Hey - I'm a high school student starting year 11 soon. Just wondering if you guys have any recommendation for English tutors in the area?
I live in Sydney near city and doing English advanced this year.
I usually prefer self teaching with math and science but I feel like I need some extra help with English, especially it is the subject that will count for definite.

Hey hey, welcome to the forums!! ;D

This is a top quality tutor operating out of Sydney!

Sometimes with English all you need is someone to take a look over your work every now and then, maybe run some Thesis ideas past, etc etc. We can do that for you on these forums - Mark essays, give feedback on a Thesis, help you with your analysis, all that sort of stuff! I can help you find the right places to put your stuff too, just let me know! ;D

That said, I appreciate the feeling of wanting some 1 on 1 time with someone to help iron out the issues. Best of luck finding a tutor!! :)

PS - I'll give you a bit to make sure you see this, but I'll be moving it to the tutoring section of the forums a little later this evening. Just to keep everything in the right spot ;D

blakeim

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 10:32:23 pm »

Hey hey, welcome to the forums!! ;D

This is a top quality tutor operating out of Sydney!

Sometimes with English all you need is someone to take a look over your work every now and then, maybe run some Thesis ideas past, etc etc. We can do that for you on these forums - Mark essays, give feedback on a Thesis, help you with your analysis, all that sort of stuff! I can help you find the right places to put your stuff too, just let me know! ;D

That said, I appreciate the feeling of wanting some 1 on 1 time with someone to help iron out the issues. Best of luck finding a tutor!! :)

PS - I'll give you a bit to make sure you see this, but I'll be moving it to the tutoring section of the forums a little later this evening. Just to keep everything in the right spot ;D

Hi - thank you very much for your response.
And apology for posting in the wrong section.
I am new to this forum and will take more caution where I post what next time!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:22 pm »
Hi - thank you very much for your response.
And apology for posting in the wrong section.
I am new to this forum and will take more caution where I post what next time!

Oh it is seriously no biggie about posting in the wrong section! It took me ages to figure out where everything sits, don't even give it a second thought, no problem at all!

Be sure to let me know if you need a hand finding anything on the site, feel free to personal message me any time :)

Arcadian

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 05:08:20 pm »
These guys http://lynnslearning.com.au/individualised-programs/english-tuition/ are great english tutors.

I'm pretty sure that they have centres all over Sydney. My child went to the Lakemba centre and they were really helpful.

Cristoph126

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 06:53:41 pm »
I live in Sydney near the city and doing English advanced this year.
I usually prefer self-teaching with math and science but I feel like I need some extra help with English, especially it is the subject that will count for definite.
Looking for a good English tutor teacher might take some time, so what about online? Also, I think an average Australian English lesson price is a little high. I was interested in improving my German for an easier communication with my aunt and cousins out there.  I have never seen such good prices as at https://upskillstutor.com.ng/tutors/english/. So take a look. Now I'm thinking about taking a few programming lessons.