VCE Stuff > Victorian Technical Score Discussion

English

(1/2) > >>

Mariamnourine:
I know you've seen questions like this a million time......... but

Everyone has been telling me I can't get a 40+ in English with the SAC marks I'm getting
First SAC 83% Second SAC: 76%
Apparently if I don't get B+'s in My SAC marks consistently, it's impossible
I'm soooo stressed because I really wt this mark in English

P.s Where can I find the letter grading system (e.g How much is a B+ in percentage?)

zhen:

--- Quote from: Mariamnourine on April 25, 2017, 09:33:17 pm ---I know you've seen questions like this a million time......... but

Everyone has been telling me I can't get a 40+ in English with the SAC marks I'm getting

P.s Where can I find the letter grading system (e.g How much is a B+ in percentage?)

--- End quote ---
SAC percentage doesn't really matter but your rank does. So, as long as you get a high rank in your cohort, then it doesn't matter what percentage you get. That said, assuming you're in an average cohort, you want to be getting A+ SAC marks at your school if you want 40+ English. Anyway, if you try hard and improve your SAC marks throughout the year, then 40+ is definitely achievable, provided that you ace the exam.

Quantum44:

--- Quote from: Mariamnourine on April 25, 2017, 09:33:17 pm ---I know you've seen questions like this a million time......... but

--- End quote ---

Well technically the external A+ range for VCE is 39-50 but if you go to a good school, getting a B+ to A on SACs will probably be moderated to an A+. And of course it's not impossible to overperform in the exam either. In the end I wouldn't worry too much, the SAC system is completely based on ranking so just try your best and it will sort itself out.

Mariamnourine:

--- Quote from: Quantum44 on April 26, 2017, 07:35:33 am ---Well technically the external A+ range for VCE is 39-50 but if you go to a good school, getting a B+ to A on SACs will probably be moderated to an A+. And of course it's not impossible to overperform in the exam either. In the end I wouldn't worry too much, the SAC system is completely based on ranking so just try your best and it will sort itself out.

I know I'm a head doer (sorry about that)
My cohort isn't really good at English the highest someone has ever got on English was 86%
My classmates aren't as dedicated as I am........ is it still possible to get a 40+ study score for English?????

--- End quote ---

brenden:
The marks for letter grades are here: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/statistics/2016/statssect3.aspx

Remember that the exam is double-marked so it's out of 60 on this sheet.

It's definitely still possible to get above 40 for you! In a technical capacity it's still possible to get 45+!

Do the best you can in SACs, try to rank #1 or close to that... then aim for 8s-9s in your exam and 40+ could definitely happen :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version