Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:55:51 am

Author Topic: Exam :)  (Read 12038 times)  Share 

Galelleo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Light a man ON fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Galelleo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
Exam :)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:29:43 pm »
Heres my results guys: compare and criticize :D
oh, and sorry about the format, Vista word doesnt like copy pasting

1. D
2. A
3. A
4. C
5. D
6. B
7. D
8. C
9. D
10. C
11. D
12. B
13. B
14. C   
15. A
16. C
17. A
18. D (unsure)
19. D
20. B
21. A
22. B
23. D
24. C
25. A
26. B
27. A(maybeB? Because its involuntary)
28. C
29. D
30. C
31. D
32. A
33. D
34. i got this one wrong , in hindsight lol... i said C but im pretty sur enow its D... *sigh* cracked under pressure
35. A
36. D
37. B
38. D
39. B
40. A
41. A
42. C
43. D
44. A
SHORT ANSWER:

1.   Associate each individual species with a well known series of locations/landmarks. Eg rooms in her house. When she recalls each strongly encoded room, she can also use it as a cue to recall the species.

2.   i.Key Role: Collation and manipulation of information from Sensory Memory and Long term memory.
eg: recognising a friend (LTM) from a photo (SM)
ii.keyrole: high mental functions such as decision making and problem solving
eg: maths equations.

3.   Organic causes of forgetting are physical/physiological factors that cause/influence forgetting

4.   A) Haydn was suffering from retrograde amnesia
B) Haydns rate of remembering would be gradual at first, but increasing until he was able to acess everything that he had previously encoded.

5.   Encoding specificity principle states that being in the same environment that a memory was encoded will provide context cues to assist retrieval

6.   Ebbinghaus? forgetting curve is shaped like a logarithmic graph (like a skateboard ramp). After approximately 1 hr, 50% of info is forgotten. After three weeks, only around 25-35% will be retained.

7.   i. Painful injection
ii. Nurses
iii. Pain/hurt
iv. Fear

8.   Observational learning is a form of operant conditioning because motivation is required. This is often in the form of reinforcement, similar to operant conditinioning
(I cant help but think i left something out here, just cant for the life of me remember it
b) Jodie must first ensure that her daughter pays ATTENTION to her demonstrations.
Then, jodies daughter must RETAIN the information in her LTM
Next, Jodies daughter has to be capable of physically REPRODUCING the actions.
and finally, jodies daughter must have sufficient MOTIVATION to reperform the behaviour. Motivation could be provided in the form of incentive such as Jodie offering her a reward
(sloppy towards end, but it gets the marks down)

9.   Trial and Error Learning

10.   Similarity: Both assosiate a UCS with a CS (bad food/all types of that food) by a strong UCR/CR (Illness/nausea)
Difference1: Taste aversion is extremely resistant to extinction, unlike CC
difference2: Taste aversion is very unlikely to demonstrate stimulus generalisation

11.   (not so good at these)
VCE students at Beachside Secondary College will take longer to complete a logic puzzle if they are distracted by a conversation or music tape, than if the same students complete a similar logic puzzle without distraction.
(I think i should have discriminated more between the trial with cnoversation and the trial with music, but oh well)

12.   IV: Form of disctraction; none, music, or conversation
DV: Time taken to complete logic puzzle

13.   Denise used stratified random sampling. She may have divided the VCE students into year levels, then taken 6 boys and 4 girls from each year level... giving her 12 boys, 8 girls... providing the 20 students that she selected from the combined strata.

14.   A) repeated measures
B) No participant variables

15.   She aws trying to avoid Experimenter effect
Experimenter effect is where the person doing the research influences the participants or their results because of hteir expectations or bias.

16.   Order Effects. This can be avoided by using counter balancing. Counter balancing is where one half of the sample perform condition A first, and B second. While the other half perform B first, and A second. (Because she had 3 conditions the sample would have to be further divided)

17.   Yes. Because the results show that the conversation tape distraction caused students to take as little as 2 and a half minutes longer than any other condition, and the p value supports this, saying less than 5 times in 100 the results were due to chance. (p<0.05)

18.   Because the VCE students are all under 18, Denise would have to obtain informed consent from their parents. She would have to fully brief them on what the research was to entail, and then get their express permission for hteir children to participate.

19.   (I had no idea about this one)
It is important that we repeat experiments in order to ensure integrity and reliability of results.

positive_viv

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 01:33:39 pm »
Thanks heaps! :)

Galelleo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 01:39:13 pm »
np :D

Oh and, dont assume im right lol... theres a few there i doubt myself, and ive been known to make mistakes.

im completely up for debating any answer lol.
its just i didnt see any psych mod or authority so i thought id take the initiative  + scan/post

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 01:45:22 pm »
So far I've done memory multiple choice and compared.. all our answers for memory match except 17..

I think the answer is retroactive interference, not motivated forgetting? Typo on your behalf?
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

Galelleo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 01:46:40 pm »
Must have been, its A lol. my bad :P

jeremykleeman

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 01:56:08 pm »
For the short answer learning you must say 'in response to...nurse/injection' to get full marks (according to last years assessment report)

For multiple choice question 2 i put B, it said that recognition is the most sensitive measure of memory, and I think it would have said retention had it been right, also it doesnt seem to be the reason.

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 02:01:34 pm »
For 38, I put C, not D.

If the person is given the opportunity to pass, they are AVOIDING or REMOVING the negative stimulus of passing their subject.

Getting the girl to say sorry isn't removing or avoiding any unpleasant stimulus.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

Timtasticle

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 02:06:46 pm »
Quote from: "Nick"
For 38, I put C, not D.

If the person is given the opportunity to pass, they are AVOIDING or REMOVING the negative stimulus of passing their subject.

Getting the girl to say sorry isn't removing or avoiding any unpleasant stimulus.

I like passing my subjects.

Galelleo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 02:07:30 pm »
Quote from: "jeremykleeman"
For the short answer learning you must say 'in response to...nurse/injection' to get full marks (according to last years assessment report)

For multiple choice question 2 i put B, it said that recognition is the most sensitive measure of memory, and I think it would have said retention had it been right, also it doesnt seem to be the reason.

I dont think you have to say in response to, i thought it was implied by being the UCR/CR, by definition... having a look at the VCAA assessors report but its taking forever to load.

it says relearning is most sensitive. pretty sure its A :D
B is savings score can be calculated.
Thats true, but it doesnt really explain why she learned the material quicker.

For 38, I put C, not D.

Putting her in the corner is the unpleasant stimulus, when she says sorry you remove the aversive stimluus of a time out, in order to strengthen good manners/behaviour. But yeah, i see your point on C... but i think D is a better example of negative reinforcement.

Galelleo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 02:08:14 pm »
LOL, asumed he meant NOT passing the subject :P

positive_viv

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 02:08:26 pm »
Quote from: "Timtasticle"
For 38, I put C, not D.

I like passing my subjects.

Guess he means negative stimulus of failing their subject. I put C too. Having to sit in a corner and say 'I'm sorry' seems more like a punishment to me. It doesn't say that 'saying sorry' means that the aversive stimulus of sitting in the corner is removed.

EDIT: never mind. It says 'making the child sit in the corner until they say 'I'm sorry.' But isn't the key thing there 'making the child sit in the corner?' which is a punishment? Even though saying 'I'm sorry' is negative reinforcement in that it allows them to get out of the corner, the act of actually making them sit in the chair until they say sorry is a punishment, isn't it?

jeremykleeman

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 02:09:33 pm »
i put 38D as being in the corner (unpleasant) is removed when they perform the desired behaviour (apologising) hence negative reinforcement. Allowing somebody to sit an exam is positive reinforcement! Sitting an exam with the motive to try hard not to fail would be negative reinforcement.

Timtasticle

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 02:09:35 pm »
But I know what you mean. I also put C for qn 38; but now I think I'm wrong.

Sitting in the corner would be a negative stimulus, and upon the child exhibiting the desired behaviour (apologising) the negative stimulus is removed.

Galelleo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 02:11:13 pm »
Quote from: "Timtasticle"
But I know what you mean. I also put C; but now I think I'm wrong.

Sitting in the corner would be a negative stimulus, and upon the child exhibiting the desired behaviour (apologising) the negative stimulus is removed.

yeh :D

Apologising removes the negative stimulus, and increases the strength and likelihood of apologising again (which can probably be associated with good behaviour in general) , or repenting or whatever.