Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:48:26 am

Author Topic: Ladies? (Student Demographics)  (Read 1116 times)  Share 

JTrudeau

• Trendsetter
  • Master of the Meeses
  • Respect: +90
Ladies? (Student Demographics)
« on: March 12, 2017, 08:34:14 pm »
+4
Hi everyone!

I did some number crunching, and in 2015 there were about 1,000 students doing Software out of the ~50,000 doing the HSC.

MEANING we account for 2% of the state as we are!

Furthermore, for us ladies out there, the gender breakdown is 95/5 male/female.

If the numbers hold true over the coming years, there should be less than 100 girls doing Software across the state.

So I'm curious: how many of us are on ATARNotes, and what's the male/female ratio on here?

My class has 9 people, two girls!  :D
Data Science, Finance || University of Sydney
== First in State for Software Design and Development 2017 ==
Advanced English | Maths Extension 1 | Maths Extension 2 | Economics | Software Design & Development | Chemistry

emmaaadrain

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Ladies? (Student Demographics)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 06:21:13 pm »
That's awesome :) . I'm the only person in my school doing SDD which means I have to do it by distance education. I did have another student doing it with me but he dropped it going into year 12. I'm curious, do you go to a relatively large school? I'm in a tiny school of around 900 students in rural NSW.

JTrudeau

• Trendsetter
  • Master of the Meeses
  • Respect: +90
Re: Ladies? (Student Demographics)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »
That's awesome :) . I'm the only person in my school doing SDD which means I have to do it by distance education. I did have another student doing it with me but he dropped it going into year 12. I'm curious, do you go to a relatively large school? I'm in a tiny school of around 900 students in rural NSW.

Aww, that's a shame! I managed to convince my friend into doing it, so now we're sticking through it together! :)
900 students seems like a lot! I have 140 students in my year. Is that a lot?  ???
Data Science, Finance || University of Sydney
== First in State for Software Design and Development 2017 ==
Advanced English | Maths Extension 1 | Maths Extension 2 | Economics | Software Design & Development | Chemistry