Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:18 pm

Author Topic: consequential marking  (Read 1126 times)  Share 

Ninjamagics

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
consequential marking
« on: October 17, 2019, 10:10:22 pm »
Hi, If someone could explain how the examiner marks consequentially since my teacher doesn't seem to know.
Most importantly if I dont know the answer to a question, can I move on to the next part and say let for example g'(x)=x^2+4 or something realistic and within the constraints of the question to prove I can still complete the other sections of the paper. Thankyou- I'm asking as I'm finding time a huge problem

Matthew_Whelan

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +11
Re: consequential marking
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 10:40:34 pm »
+3
Hi, If someone could explain how the examiner marks consequentially since my teacher doesn't seem to know.
Most importantly if I dont know the answer to a question, can I move on to the next part and say let for example g'(x)=x^2+4 or something realistic and within the constraints of the question to prove I can still complete the other sections of the paper. Thankyou- I'm asking as I'm finding time a huge problem

Consequential marks are awarded for using a correct method or working out, yet still getting the wrong answer. This could be due to using an incorrect value from a prior question or a calculator error. You won't get full marks obviously but it takes less pressure off questions that involve subsequent marks.
2018: Psychology
2019: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, Physics
ATAR: 88.65