Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:09:17 am

Author Topic: UNSW Accommodation  (Read 1250 times)  Share 

Henry Kocatekin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
UNSW Accommodation
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:50:26 pm »
Hi,

For anyone currently at UNSW, would you mind sharing whether you live on campus, in a sharehouse, or commute? And also the good and bad of it, what you'd recommend.

I currently live near Wollongong (30 minutes north) and am considering UNSW Next year. I could stay with relatives some nights and that'll cut the commute to one hour, but I just hoped for some real opinions. It's almost the time vs money debate. Live at home=cheap, commute=long; Live in a pace closer=expensive, commute=super short... :-\

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UNSW Accommodation
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 11:35:40 am »
+5
Hey! So I'm at UNSW:

- My Dad lives in Alexandria so I stay there one night a week, and make sure to pack as many classes into that day and the following as possible to minimise travel - I live out West, about a 2 hour commute for me.
- I drive some days, train the others - Doing work on the train is a hugely beneficial thing that you should absolutely make a habit of. If you commute and if at all possible, train it so you don't lose the time

The commute is very manageable for me, and I reckon it will be for you too if managed well - Accomodation costs are really crippling without a scholarship so I recommend the commute to everyone ;)