Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:58:48 am

Author Topic: The QCE Years - My Journey to Changing the World through Business and Technology  (Read 51369 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
+2
I've been taking a class in forensic science and psychology this semester and I've really enjoyed it. I find patterns between mental illnesses, drug use and other early childhood experiences and criminal behaviour really fascinating. I also really enjoyed doing investigations to do with blood types, antibodies and antigens (which I think is the love I have for bio permeating through). What interests you about criminology? ;D

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
+3
I've been taking a class in forensic science and psychology this semester and I've really enjoyed it. I find patterns between mental illnesses, drug use and other early childhood experiences and criminal behaviour really fascinating. I also really enjoyed doing investigations to do with blood types, antibodies and antigens (which I think is the love I have for bio permeating through). What interests you about criminology? ;D

I find criminology to be interesting because it allows me to understand how a criminal thinks and to also understand what motivates them to commit a crime. In cyber security if you know how a criminal thinks then you can predict where the criminal will strike next. This particularly comes in handy when you stop a hacker from stealing personal information or data from a company. It even helps a company save money from hackers. The possibilities are endless with combining criminology and cyber security. It's assuring to know that cyber security is a fast growing field that will be in demand in the next ten years.
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
+3
Certainly sounds like a very useful field- and the knowledge from legal should certainly help. I was reading the QCE syllabus and it looks super interesting. Stuff about how crime is investigated and how laws are enforced should be really informative. Unit 4 about Human Rights looks really fantastic too!

Did you end up keeping digital solutions? That sounds like a subject very relevant to what you would like your future career to be. ;D

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+3
Certainly sounds like a very useful field- and the knowledge from legal should certainly help. I was reading the QCE syllabus and it looks super interesting. Stuff about how crime is investigated and how laws are enforced should be really informative. Unit 4 about Human Rights looks really fantastic too!

Did you end up keeping digital solutions? That sounds like a subject very relevant to what you would like your future career to be. ;D

I ended up keeping digital solutions. This was partly because I felt that the digital solutions syllabus was more in depth than compared to the ICT skills subject (which was an applied subject). I also figured that doing digital solutions would support me later in life if I chose to do an IT degree in the near future. I also found out that the syllabus had taken some inspiration from the 'Computing' subject in the VCE. This made me believe that the new QCE system was far better than the HSC or the VCE. I mean our ATAR system up in Queensland seems pretty chill when compared to the ATAR systems in other states.
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+6
Hey everyone,

I've now officially finished all of my exams and assignments for year 10.

I finish year 10 this Friday which seems daunting considering the fact that I'm finally on the path of becoming a senior and a student of the new QCE system.

Now the QCE years officially begin!!!

Thanks for reading this update,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
+3
Hey everyone,

I've now officially finished all of my exams and assignments for year 10.

I finish year 10 this Friday which seems daunting considering the fact that I'm finally on the path of becoming a senior and a student of the new QCE system.

Now the QCE years officially begin!!!

Thanks for reading this update,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
Nice! How did your exams and assignments go?
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+6
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas!!!

For anyone starting their journey in the QCE (or HSC/VCE), good luck with the new year!!!

I'd also like to tell you all that I've signed up for the English Units 1&2 lecture that is happening at QUT in January.

So if anyone else is coming to that lecture then I'll see you there :)

Enjoy your holidays,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
+1
Merry Christmas JerryMouse2019!!!

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Hey everyone,

Here is an update on my first day back:

Nothing much happened on my first day back other than the fact that I got introduced to the assessment (for business and economics) that I would be doing in the weeks and months to come. I was also put through multiple 'getting to know you' activities throughout the day, this allowed me to meet new people.

How was everyone else's first day back?

Thanks for reading this post,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
+1
Hey Jerry,

Thanks for the update :D

I don't mind get to know you activities but it's vey rare for me to remember names from them; hopefully you're better at that than I am. How are you feeling about your business and eco assessments?

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+2
Hey everyone,

Here is an update on what has happened so far in my first term with the QCE:

• I have been given all of my assignments for term 1.
  • I have been told when my exams are happening and what day my assignments are due.
  • I have been introduced to the not so high pressures (or stress) of the QCE (well it doesn't seem so high currently since I just started).

Also how is everyone else doing (specifically the people who are graduating this year or next year)?

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
I sometimes wish PSMTs didn't exist in any Maths subjects.

I really don't like doing them since I find understanding them to be a bit confusing.

Does anyone have similar opinions on PSMTs?

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Hey everyone,

JerryMouse here with an exciting update (after a long time).

Today I had my economics exam and it was a little over 2 hours long.

I'm confident that I did well in it and I only have a few more things due before the holidays start (which really aren't holidays this time around due to COVID-19). The exciting bit of the exam was really when they told us at the end that they had been told that the QLD government had announced that next week was now 'student-free'.

I'm wondering though, I have one exam left to do and it's supposed to be happening next week. I'm not a person who has to go to school next week so I've been wondering if my exam's been cancelled due to the QLD government's recent announcement.

We will see what happens I guess.

Until then good luck to everyone out there in the real world and please social distance (it's the only way we can stop the virus),

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9d86ocFlxE
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:20:38 pm by JerryMouse2019 »

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151

Hi JerryMouse2019,

I think your exam would be cancelled for this term, and then would be rescheduled to a later date but it might just depend on if the situation with COVID-19 worsens or not. Because although my school has been "cancelled" because of the virus, we have resorted to online learning for the last two weeks of term (which is when my last two assessments for this term are due) but it might also depend on what your school decides as well.

But good luck for your economics exam results - I hope you smash it out of the park.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Hi s110820,

I do hope that I will 'smash it out of the park' with my economics exam results since economics is one of my best subjects.

I received word today that my exam (that was supposed to happen next week) got postponed to next term due to yesterday's announcement from the state government.

I also had an English persuasive speech left to do but that's been postponed as well to next term.

Since the teachers around the state are preparing online learning for us all, I just hope that we can all effectively study if the need for a full blown online term comes around (which I hope doesn't happen).

Besides studying at home isn't the same as studying at school. The routine is different and sometimes you can't focus due to distractions that you wouldn't find at school.

As an economics student, it seems interesting to me that we might be seeing a potential recession occurring in our country (as well as the world).

Though thinking about the implications impacts me as a person. Seeing so many people losing their jobs to the virus is just very painful to watch. I keep hearing statistics on the news that show how companies are standing down thousands of their employees. Entire industries are collapsing. It's scary to watch but also interesting at the same time.

Good luck to everyone out there,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019