Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:28:50 am

Author Topic: Two Week Quarantine Challenge!  (Read 4218 times)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Two Week Quarantine Challenge!
« on: March 26, 2020, 05:42:12 pm »
+11
AN's Two Week Quarantine Challenge!

Times are strange at the moment, I don't know about you guys, but with news and social media always in our faces, it makes me pretty feel shit, and with all the uncertainty, it's easy to feel overwhelmed.

Staying at home, and with many events and gatherings cancelled, the coming weeks can feel a bit daunting, but I've got the solution - the Two Week Quarantine Challenge (TWQC)! Together, let's use the next two weeks for all the good stuff - work on the things we love but rarely have time for, learn some new things, create stuff, exercise, and just enjoy ourselves and the people around us as much as possible!

So get involved! All you need to do is:
    1. Start your own thread in this forum (or participate in this thread) and write down the things you're going to challenge yourself to
        do in the next two weeks
    2. Check-in with each other regularly! (You may choose to do this with a partner and keep each other accountable)
    3. Update us with how you're going!

For clarity quarantine is the term used if you are NOT sick ((but at risk)self-quarantine is when you choose to quarantine yourself despite being well), isolation is if you are sick.

Two weeks for this challenge have been chosen as that is the length of the school holidays however if you wish to participate in this challenge for longer you could form some great habits!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:50:06 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
Re: Two Week Quarantine Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:17:06 pm »
+10
I'll go first!

• Challenge 1 •
Tick 3 things off my to do list
I have a nice, beefy list of things to tick off my to do list this holidays which I don't wanna leave till the last minute

• Challenge 2 •
Do something creative/fun every day
Over the last two years I've stopped reading (not inherently creative), drawing, painting, and making music and I should really get back into it! Now's a perfect time! I'm also going to put watching movies/Netflix on that list too - I would love to rewatch Labyrinth, Corpse Bride and Coraline and finish 'You' and catch up with 'Riverdale' and I want to finish the game 'The Last of Us'

What are you going to challenge yourself to?

(Edit: Had to update my first challenge as my parents said I'm not allowed to go outside :'( )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:00:26 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 07:33:30 pm »
+7
Go for a bike ride each day.
For the past couple of days I've ridden 8km and I've been feeling really good. There's one hill on the way back along this route that I tend to walk up, but I hope that I'll be able to ride up it by the end of the school holidays.

I'm also trying to do a little bit of homework, some creative and fun things as well as some cooking every day! ;D

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 12:21:21 pm »
+2
For the past couple of days I've ridden 8km and I've been feeling really good. There's one hill on the way back along this route that I tend to walk up, but I hope that I'll be able to ride up it by the end of the school holidays.

I'm also trying to do a little bit of homework, some creative and fun things as well as some cooking every day! ;D
That's fantastic laura! Make sure you keep us updated with how you're going (and let us know when you ride up the hill instead of walking)!!
— VCE —

— University —

Marylen

• Forum Regular
  • 'You can live with disappointment but not regret.'
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 07:15:31 pm »
+3
Your post is making me feel inspired to actually make use of my time instead of sleeping in and spending the rest of the day mindlessly procrastinating and watching youtube lol  ;D
Currently, I'm reading Night by Wiesel. I'm trying to reserve time during this first week to study for my SAC and to read my book. My plan for tomorrow is to wake up early so that I can *hopefully* finish some of my homework and watch Catch Me If You Can
Marylen's VCE journal

2020:
Psych: 40
Further Maths: 39

2021:
Methods, Accounting, English & Chemistry

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 07:21:25 pm »
+3
Your post is making me feel inspired to actually make use of my time instead of sleeping in and spending the rest of the day mindlessly procrastinating and watching youtube lol  ;D
Currently, I'm reading Night by Wiesel. I'm trying to reserve time during this first week to study for my SAC and to read my book. My plan for tomorrow is to wake up early so that I can *hopefully* finish some of my homework and watch Catch Me If You Can

That's fantastic Marylen! I too definitely fell down the youtube wormhole, let us know how you go with tomorrows homework!
— VCE —

— University —

Marylen

• Forum Regular
  • 'You can live with disappointment but not regret.'
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 08:07:30 pm »
+5
That's fantastic Marylen! I too definitely fell down the youtube wormhole, let us know how you go with tomorrows homework!

Hello again! Just an update as of 1/04/2020 at 8:00pm...
I woke up at 9:30 am and started studying for psychology and tuned into the ATARnotes live lecture for psych. I spent the entire day studying psychology and reading the textbook since I became so engrossed in the subject I completely forgot about my methods study and further maths. Ooopsies. I'm writing the rest of my cue cards and freshening up on revision about cortisol and GAS before I move on to study maths methods before my math skills jump out of my brain. After I finish psychology, methods, further maths and my English monologue I'm going to watch Netflix. I really wish that I had appreciated more of my free time back during my junior years. I could've accomplished so many things.  :'(
Marylen's VCE journal

2020:
Psych: 40
Further Maths: 39

2021:
Methods, Accounting, English & Chemistry

brothanathan

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 04:26:58 pm »
+2
I really wish that I had appreciated more of my free time back during my junior years. I could've accomplished so many things.  :'(

A student once said: "Give it your best shot. Everyone feels they can do better, so don't punish yourself if you currently aren't at your optimal state. No one is perfect."

Hope this helped :)

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 04:32:49 pm »
+2

• Challenge 1 •
Tick 3 things off my to do list
Been doing this one quite successfully, I only have English and Legal stuff to do!

• Challenge 2 •
Do something creative/fun every day
This one not so much, but I did watch The Australian Ballet's "Sleeping Beauty" yesterday and played Monopoly with my siblings today

How are you going laura??

Hello again! Just an update as of 1/04/2020 at 8:00pm...
I woke up at 9:30 am and started studying for psychology and tuned into the ATARnotes live lecture for psych. I spent the entire day studying psychology and reading the textbook since I became so engrossed in the subject I completely forgot about my methods study and further maths. Ooopsies. I'm writing the rest of my cue cards and freshening up on revision about cortisol and GAS before I move on to study maths methods before my math skills jump out of my brain. After I finish psychology, methods, further maths and my English monologue I'm going to watch Netflix. I really wish that I had appreciated more of my free time back during my junior years. I could've accomplished so many things.  :'(
Hey Marylen! I completely relate, like if i knew what I know now in Year 7 I would be so smart the world wouldn't know what to do with me 🤣🤣
How much homework have you got to go?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:35:35 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 04:51:47 pm »
Well done on the progress J_Rho!!!

Thanks! How have you been going with holiday homework and isolation??
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:20:25 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 03:10:48 pm »
During quarantine, I have been walking every day with my mum! I need to keep fit and healthy as I am planning on going back to all my sports post-surgery and quarantine.

I have also decided to try and become active on AN! I am pretty on top of holiday hw/study but I haven't done as much as I want to, but I think that is just my overestimating brain thinking I can do it all hahaha. I'm also trying to take breaks because I am cautious of overworking myself and I know next term will be hard due to remote learning
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

mayatamen

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:17:23 pm »
During quarantine, I have been walking every day with my mum! I need to keep fit and healthy as I am planning on going back to all my sports post-surgery and quarantine.

I have also decided to try and become active on AN! I am pretty on top of holiday hw/study but I haven't done as much as I want to, but I think that is just my overestimating brain thinking I can do it all hahaha. I'm also trying to take breaks because I am cautious of overworking myself and I know next term will be hard due to remote learning
All ive been doing is watching netflix and scrolling thru insta n snap whoops
m

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 06:47:23 pm »

Thats awesome!! What sports are you going back to?

I honestly have the same problem, I write a huge list that I think i can get done (but i cant), and then am sad i didn't get it all done. Do you know how your school will be doing remote learning?
— VCE —

— University —

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 07:26:10 pm »
+2
Thats awesome!! What sports are you going back to?

I will be going back to diving and netball, as well as lots of sports through school (hockey, cricket, athletics, swimming, volleyball and diving again hehe). I absolutely love sport and I have been out for almost a year now and it will most likely be over a year once I can actually get back.

I honestly have the same problem, I write a huge list that I think i can get done (but i cant), and then am sad i didn't get it all done. Do you know how your school will be doing remote learning?

My school has been really amazing with setting up remote learning. It's basically like normal classes but instead of being at school we use zoom. It definitely isn't as good as in school learning but I am very glad that my school is on top of it. I also have some great teachers who can support me both emotionally and in my studies.

What about your school? I am interested to see how different schools do it...
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 07:50:04 am »
+2

I've been doing lots of cooking and sewing! I've also managed to do that ride twice without walking now (over the past two days). I even did it twice because I was enjoying it so much!