Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 08:17:34 pm

Author Topic: Things you would have loved to have studied in hindsight  (Read 827 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Things you would have loved to have studied in hindsight
« on: October 30, 2020, 01:24:02 pm »
+4
I just came across Monash University's Bachelor of Marketing and Bachelor of Arts double degree, which I'm pretty sure wasn't available when I was looking at undergrad degrees. I completed a straight Arts degree at Monash, so could have completed the extra degree in one just additional year, and I think I would have enjoyed it.

For those currently studying at uni or those who have previously, do you ever think about degrees or pathways you think you would have liked but didn't pursue for whatever reason?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Things you would have loved to have studied in hindsight
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 01:49:24 pm »
+4
I am pretty happy with what I have done so far and wouldn't change what I study. However, I think if I were in year 12 again I would have considered doing the PPE (Politics, Philosophy, Economics) at Monash. From memory, that course wasn't available when I was in year 12.

So I guess for me this is more about what I would've considered more but ultimately still not choose over what I actually did.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 01:53:51 pm »
+3
I am pretty happy with what I have done so far and wouldn't change what I study. However, I think if I were in year 12 again I would have considered doing the PPE (Politics, Philosophy, Economics) at Monash. From memory, that course wasn't available when I was in year 12.

So I guess for me this is more about what I would've considered more but ultimately still not choose over what I actually did.

Yeah that course looks pretty neat - definitely would have considered, too.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 02:12:37 pm »
+7
I think I would've done a bachelor of Music/bachelor of Arts and then a master of teaching.

I was interested in both history/music but decided to only do music because I didn't want to set myself up for almost 7 years of uni. I'm considering doing history units after my degree now so I can teach both but I don't know exactly how that works.
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]