Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 04:45:54 pm

Author Topic: Year 10 Maths Exams  (Read 4398 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Year 10 Maths Exams
« on: November 14, 2019, 02:49:22 pm »
+4
Hey guys! I had my maths exam today (no calc, no notes) and I have my tech enabled maths exam on Monday. Suprisingly, I finished with half an hour to spare, like the rest of my class. Most of the questions were really easy and none of the stuff I had been stressing about what on there.

The last question was super confusing. It was about inverse hyperbolas, but it was worded very funnily. The correct answer (as far as we all know) was that hyperbolas have an inverse because they have a one-to-one relation. Then we had to find the inverse by swapping x and y, which wasn't difficult at all. The other thing I am a little concerned about is my tree diagram, but we'll see how I went when I get my exam back.

The weirdest thing was that there were six questions on the exam (each with many parts) and three of them were about probability. There were three other topics but there wasn't many questions about any of the others; two about functions and relations, one about inequalities and one that was sort of about quadratics but more about functions and relations, so doing the 13 page quadratic revision sheet with 54 questions feels like a bit of a waste of time, but it's okay.

The tech enabled exam will probably be a lot harder, but I have the weekend to study so it should be fine.

Has anyone else had their maths exam yet? How did you find it?

Holdstill123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Year 10 Maths Exams
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 09:19:34 pm »
Hey guys! I had my maths exam today (no calc, no notes) and I have my tech enabled maths exam on Monday. Suprisingly, I finished with half an hour to spare, like the rest of my class. Most of the questions were really easy and none of the stuff I had been stressing about what on there.

The last question was super confusing. It was about inverse hyperbolas, but it was worded very funnily. The correct answer (as far as we all know) was that hyperbolas have an inverse because they have a one-to-one relation. Then we had to find the inverse by swapping x and y, which wasn't difficult at all. The other thing I am a little concerned about is my tree diagram, but we'll see how I went when I get my exam back.

The weirdest thing was that there were six questions on the exam (each with many parts) and three of them were about probability. There were three other topics but there wasn't many questions about any of the others; two about functions and relations, one about inequalities and one that was sort of about quadratics but more about functions and relations, so doing the 13 page quadratic revision sheet with 54 questions feels like a bit of a waste of time, but it's okay.

The tech enabled exam will probably be a lot harder, but I have the weekend to study so it should be fine.

Has anyone else had their maths exam yet? How did you find it?

Yes it was hard, but I was in bear mode.