Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:32:56 am

Author Topic: Why do they do it like this  (Read 3422 times)  Share 

Blanl

• Adventurer
  • If you have the biology in focus solutions or know
  • Respect: 0
Why do they do it like this
« on: May 11, 2021, 04:54:42 pm »
+1
i guys I know this may seem like a bit of a rant, but hear me out.

My school has the investigating science textbook, it is a fantastic book with clear explanations, questions and complete solutions to all questions. I also personally own the maths in focus textbook which is another fantastic book with complete solutions.

After reading the sample chapters I decided to also personally buy the biology in focus book. However, They don't include solutions in this book. Which is fine, as I thought they just sold it separately. However, it is only available to teachers.

I did some research and found that is a semi-common practice in textbooks, they do this to prevent students from finding the answers as to not cheat with homework given to them by their teachers. This is ridiculous though, students who personally buy the textbook, or other adults who simply want to use the textbook for learning have no way of getting access to the answers.

It seems like Nelson has stopped this practice with their new books such as the investigating science book. However, they still haven't applied this to their bio book.

I went and contacted the authors on the cover of the book, on how to get the solutions. They replied back, saying the only way to get the solutions, is by asking a teacher or student whose school has the textbook and has access to the solutions.

If you are a teacher or student who has access to the bio in focus textbook solutions, please let me know. I love this book and I'd really like the solutions to it.
If you have the biology in focus solutions or know where I can buy them, please message me

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: Why do they do it like this
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 08:42:40 pm »
+1
- snip -

Hey Blanl :)

Unfortunately, I don't have any solutions to the Biology in Focus textbook, but if you have any Biology concepts you need help with or to check a question, you can post it in the main "HSC Biology Questions Thread" thread, and I can try to help you with it.

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

blank101.7wsfm

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Why do they do it like this
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 03:33:39 pm »
Do you know any teachers who use the bio in focus textbook? as they have access to the solutions