Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:48:42 pm

Author Topic: 2nd year house share  (Read 2103 times)  Share 

tina2801

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
2nd year house share
« on: November 09, 2019, 01:18:45 am »
Got a crush on this one guy who is amazing and living in my university flat atm... He asked if maybe I want to house share with him and a few others from our flat and other flats, 6 of us... I dunno if I should house share with them JUST because this guy will be there, but I will actually miss him so much if I live with other people. Sure I could always visit him along with the other people in the house but it would probably just be for like pre drinks and clubbing... Not like living with them and just chilling throughout the day cooking and stuff. But I don't really talk to the others in the group I would be living with...
OR I could live with a few people on my course who are still looking for people to live with them, these people I get along with very well and we have everything in common. But I see them at university every day anyway, if I don't live with them its not like I won't see them again... Unlike the flatmate group… But the only person I would really definitely miss is that one guy! If it weren't for him I would definitely choose to live with my course friends in the second year... Should I really live with the flatmate group just so I can have more opportunities to hang out with this guy? I'm very shy so it takes ages for me to be myself around people, which means if I'm not living with this guy I'll never get to be completely confident talking to him. Since we're not doing the same course I'd probably never see him... I'd be too shy to ask to see him, wayyy too shy, and besides he has lots of close friends hes made, I get along with him well enough but hes a lot closer with the other flatmates. So I guess I should live with my course friends? They're amazing, I'm not shy with them because our interests are all the same... But I'll see them all the time at uni anyway. Do I really want to cut myself off from my flatmate group? At least if I live with them I'll get to hang out with two separate groups, a good balance maybe? But then again... I know the only reason I want to live with these people is because of that one guy. Hes just an incredibly nice person, but hilarious at the same time and just really confident. And very reassuring when I look like I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable in social situations (I'm very shy). I don't know...

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: 2nd year house share
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 01:44:37 am »
Got a crush on this one guy who is amazing and living in my university flat atm... He asked if maybe I want to house share with him and a few others from our flat and other flats, 6 of us... I dunno if I should house share with them JUST because this guy will be there, but I will actually miss him so much if I live with other people. Sure I could always visit him along with the other people in the house but it would probably just be for like pre drinks and clubbing... Not like living with them and just chilling throughout the day cooking and stuff. But I don't really talk to the others in the group I would be living with...
OR I could live with a few people on my course who are still looking for people to live with them, these people I get along with very well and we have everything in common. But I see them at university every day anyway, if I don't live with them its not like I won't see them again... Unlike the flatmate group… But the only person I would really definitely miss is that one guy! If it weren't for him I would definitely choose to live with my course friends in the second year... Should I really live with the flatmate group just so I can have more opportunities to hang out with this guy? I'm very shy so it takes ages for me to be myself around people, which means if I'm not living with this guy I'll never get to be completely confident talking to him. Since we're not doing the same course I'd probably never see him... I'd be too shy to ask to see him, wayyy too shy, and besides he has lots of close friends hes made, I get along with him well enough but hes a lot closer with the other flatmates. So I guess I should live with my course friends? They're amazing, I'm not shy with them because our interests are all the same... But I'll see them all the time at uni anyway. Do I really want to cut myself off from my flatmate group? At least if I live with them I'll get to hang out with two separate groups, a good balance maybe? But then again... I know the only reason I want to live with these people is because of that one guy. Hes just an incredibly nice person, but hilarious at the same time and just really confident. And very reassuring when I look like I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable in social situations (I'm very shy). I don't know...
Personally I wouldn't share a house with people I don't know that much about. That's just me, I prefer to know the people I'm hanging around. You never know what they could be into etc. Not saying they're bad people or anything but I'm just saying in general =)

Also just to be real you like him but you don't know yet if he likes you, so personally I wouldn't share just because someone I like is there. We don't like asking these questions like 'does he like you back?' but you gotta at some point, especially when it will influence a decision like this. That's just my opinion =) but I would recommend you not moving into this flat with random people you don't talk to.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: 2nd year house share
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 09:45:09 am »
+4
Hey,

Welcome to atarnotes! :)

I'm a second year uni student house sharing with 3 people who I didn't know until I was living with them & there's a few questions I think are important here:
- How many people would you be moving out with if you went the uni course way?
- Would you feel comfortable using communal areas when people are home who you don't know?
- How far along in the stage of planning are the two groups?
- Are you able to meet the people you don't know before living together?
- Is there going to be a significant difference in rent?
- Do you know much about what it would be like living with your coursemates? (e.g. Similar schedules? Similar cleanliness standards?)

Things have worked out fine for me in my share house w/ randoms but if this guy is the only thing better about going with that group I wouldn't do it. If  you can have the courage to seriously consider moving into a share house w/ strangers based on him, hopefully you'd be able to find the courage to talk to him regardless.

Hope things work out well for you